New MiG-29 A cockpit in the works

Hello gents!

I and some my friends have waited several years for Zacto to deliver us a decent aftermarket cockpit in the 32 scale for the Revell MiG-29A. As the time goes by I decided to get this work done myself and supplement his wonderful MiG-29 sets. I believe this will enable all of us to make a good MiG-29 in the 32nd scale much easier. Here are some WIP pictures of the pit. These are renders of the 3D graphic. I will be very thankful for your comments and suggestions.

kokpit390_zpsfe0f40af.jpg

kokpit389_zps11e3a70c.jpg

kokpit388_zps02d2a508.jpg

kokpit385_zps1e07f250.jpg

kokpit387_zps9a6a71a9.jpg

kokpit386_zps24ad2685.jpg

kokpit384_zps760e0698.jpg

Thank you, guys, for the encouragement. I don't plan to make it into 1/48 or 1/72 scale for now. I want be able to compete with the new offerings of Aires or Eduard brassin sets. I would rather do shape correction sets as I believe the right shape is very important to an airplane. But this is future plans. Now I have to get done with the MiG-29.

Thank you, guys, for the encouragement. I don't plan to make it into 1/48 or 1/72 scale for now. I want be able to compete with the new offerings of Aires or Eduard brassin sets. I would rather do shape correction sets as I believe the right shape is very important to an airplane. But this is future plans. Now I have to get done with the MiG-29.

Maybe a cockpit set for the expected Mig-25 from Kitty Hawk? :whistle:

I will keep you posted as the work goes. I would prefer to keep calm and focused until it's done as this is my first ambitious project. When I have the master ready I will tell you more details on it.

P.S. What kind of harness of the seat would you guys prefer? I have something in mind, but would like to hear your opinion also.

• 1 month later...

P.S. What kind of harness of the seat would you guys prefer? I have something in mind, but would like to hear your opinion also.

I like both but I have more experience with resin harness. Do you have any updates for us?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you doing details for the canopy (sidewalls...) as well? Would be great!!

Yes, I am doing the canopy details as well. They are quite prominent and need to be there. The design stage is almost done.

This is welcoming news.....espically I just bought the kit few days back.....and finding the CAM set is hopeless......

By the way would you be doing the IFR probe add on as seen on Malaysian Mig 29n ?...a fairly simple looking thingy....i am sure it will be a hit for malaysian modellers as the one done by a local oufit is not longer making them probes.....

Rgds

mr b