New MiG-29 A cockpit in the works

if you ever get around to it, you can learn from my mistakes here:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=30312&hl=

:woot.gif: great stuff karl!

are these two kits excactly the same thing? or are there differences in the exhaust ducts?

Revell%2004707%20Mig-29%20II.JPG

140586-10244.jpg

'cause I see you started from the #4707 box but I have the #4799 box... :unsure:

cheers

Edited by Alpagueur

i would start with a trumpy mig 29 kit, use the revell parts to backdate and the zacto parts for detailing if i would ever do it again (and i wont). alexander rogal (hi buddy!) started a conversion like this here on ARC, but to my knowledge it hasnt been completed.

Edited by karl h

not very many, there is no part to be used without modifications. if you read my buildthread you see that i tried, but still failed, some parts are incorrectible (at least for me) like the wing/fuselage joint on the leading edge. this is why i recomend starting with a trumpy AND revell kit

Edited by karl h

this will help with the forward fuselage and the placement of the nose LG well. but it wont help with the engine nacelle tops and the competely fictious MLG wells. the trumpy mig is much better in that area. if you dig a little deeper into pics you will realize just how bad the revell kit is (its a very old kit, seems it was made from pics only and no measurements or plans of the real aircraft)

go here for reference: http://hunavia.hu/

wow Marcel... a further masterpiece at the horizon from you then... which bird are you planning to build?? :rolleyes:

Thx... I will likely go for a Ukrainian 29... will look good next to my Ukrainian Su-27 :rolleyes:

Karl, lucky you that you have finished yours :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Marcel

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder if the front section for the 1:32 Revell kit still considered for release or cancelled due to the new Trumpeter MIG-29 series in sight?

May be it would be better to wait until the Trumpeter kit actually is released to produce corrections suited for this one, rather than actually take the efforts to a massive correction for the outdated and grossly inaccurate Revell offering. Shure, the Trumpeter MIG-29 will have its issues, but I expect it to be more accurate than the old Revell offering. So the correction kit might be considerably less extensive.

An other question is, how Stenkabg´s superb MIG-29 cckpit will fit in the Trumpeter kit.

There are other 1:32 Trumpeter kits, who badly need correction kits as well (MIG-23ML nose, Su-25K canopy shape and nose, MIG-21MF nose and spine). May be it would be more wise to give these some love before.

Greetings

Christian

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder if the front section for the 1:32 Revell kit still considered for release or cancelled due to the new Trumpeter MIG-29 series in sight?

Which new kits do you mean? I do not know...

I have all the Zacto conversions for the Revell Fulcrum and I'd like to use them :unsure:

Edited by Alpagueur

I still work slowly on the master and I am determined to finish it. It turned much more troublesome than expected at first. I know that most of the folks will opt for the new Trumpeter offering but I want to build my Revell kits as well. Now I want to finish some more needed corrections in 1/48 scale first. I am done with it I will offer it if someone wants to use all the goodies he has collected.

I know that most of the folks will opt for the new Trumpeter offering but I want to build my Revell kits as well.

Sten, I'm in for the Revell kit w/Zacto corrections and Cold War Studio cockpit, too! (I'm sure Trumpeter kits will have some issues... as always)

so pleeeeaseeee complete the forward fuselage :salute:

Edited by Alpagueur