Academy 1/48 F-4B Phantom with Furball's decals.

Hi all, just finished building Academy's new F-4B in VF-51 Screaming Eagles colours. I used; Eduard Brassin resin and PE seats,Mk1 Design exhausts and wheels, Master models turned metal probes, Wolfpack Designs slats and flaps, and the new Furball Designs decals MIG Killers sheet. The paints were Hannants Xtracrylix colours and varnish. The exhaust areas were sprayed with silver Zero automotive paints and sealed with Johnsons Klear after a little pastel weathering using brown and black Rowney pastels. The rudder and nosewheel steering were offset to simulate taxying. I know the kit has a few errors and I had a few fit issues during the build, but the end result looks like a Phantom! I have another one to build, this time in the VF-111 Sundowners markings, I'm just collecting the aftermarket stuff now as it's being released, I'm really looking forward to seeing Wolkfpack Design's resin upgrade set for this kit, I wonder what it will contain?....it's on their site as TBA.

7W0C0019_zps223a96af.jpg

7W0C0015_zps065e1ba4.jpg

7W0C0012_zps974313ca.jpg

7W0C0007_zpsae15f57e.jpg

7W0C0004_zps877796a2.jpg

7W0C0003_zps11b86ae6.jpg

7W0C0002_zps80bc8975.jpg

7W0C0001_zps281f9a61.jpg

Edited by gloo

Patrick my mate

Seriously.....award winning stuff as always..

I got this kit myself but am less than impressed with some aspects of it,then seeing your masterpiece makes me think why do i even bother LOL :bandhead2:/>/>

Now go do that 1/32 FGR.2!!

Gary

Edited by mungo1974