Giannis Doxas' F-104G

Wow! I have never been a fan of the f-104, but I am seriously impressed with this build. Excellent in every way. I love models like this because I feel like I can never zoom into the pictures close enough. Very nice job!!!

Hi Giannis

There are a few mistakes on your model, and I was wondering if you want to know them so you can still adjust them...

Mainly the fins of the wing pylon tanks are not correct. They have the same shape like the outboard fin of the tip tank and the bottom fin is deleted here.

Other items are just small observations which can make your model more correct, but I leave it up to you if you want to know them

Danny

It would be helpful for the rest of us also, if you could mention here those observations.

Okay, here they come, but as said - aside the fins of the pylon tanks which are completely wrong - all the other remarks are just minor things:

- The Ammo container should be positioned at more or less the same height as the computer containers, as now its hatch won't close ...

- The black box on the computer bay hatch should be placed more towards the centerline

- If you build a RF, than there's an extra fuel tank placed in the gun bay, so the gun bay is not empty

- The two main landing gear doors are on the ground never fully open like this without aid from red clams which are placed around the bare part of the cylinders. These clams avoid that the heavy doors can press the cylinder back in closing position.

- The aft part of the pylon should almost touch the flap hinges

Never the less, a nice build !

Danny

Wow! I have never been a fan of the f-104, but I am seriously impressed with this build. Excellent in every way. I love models like this because I feel like I can never zoom into the pictures close enough. Very nice job!!!

I CONCUR. :worship:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What are u commenting on. I am unable to view the subject models in this chapter.

Thanks

Hari ari,

If you look on top of the forums page ..you will see on the menu it says ARCAIR..

if you click on that , you will see all the today's post..

So for you this is what WE were all looking at..

http://www.arcair.com/Gal13/12101-12200/gal12131-F-104-Doxas/00.shtm

Edited by HOLMES

That is a beaut of a 104. As I'm pretty ignorant of these (shame really, as I have a couple to build!), would it ever have the radome split off but not fully removed for any length of time? Just wondering, as it's a neat way to show some more of the insides without leaving it looking like a broken pencil!