F-8E , VF-235 "Death Angels"

Hi guys,

I'm just building Trumpeters F-8 E in 1:32 and I've chosen the markings of USMC VF-235 "Death Angels" for my model.Here's my question: does the right upper wing carry any letters or numbers, for example 19 DB ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings from Germany

Pete

Hi guys,

I'm just building Trumpeters F-8 E in 1:32 and I've chosen the markings of USMC VF-235 "Death Angels" for my model.Here's my question: does the right upper wing carry any letters or numbers, for example 19 DB ?

Greetings from Germany

Pete

Pete, i didn't put them on my model, but i can't remember if its because i simply forgot to put them on, or i couldn't find photographic evidence.

I have a bunch of -235 Crusader pics at home. I will look thru them to see if i can answer your question then report back. In case your interested, my F-8E is posted over on imodeler.com.

david

Hi guys,

Greetings from Germany

Pete

Pete,

I've never seen any photographic evidence that they carried them on their "E" models. They did, however, have the modex on the upper right wing of their F-8D's.

The VMF-235 scheme is very colourful. But of all the Marines schemes, I have to give the nod to VMF(AW)312 Checkerboards.

Cheers,

Tom

Pete,

I've never seen any photographic evidence that they carried them on their "E" models. They did, however, have the modex on the upper right wing of their F-8D's.

The VMF-235 scheme is very colourful. But of all the Marines schemes, I have to give the nod to VMF(AW)312 Checkerboards.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom for your efforts. It helps anyway,I'll leave the right upper wing free of markings.

Cheers

Pete