WOW! Jerome Iginla to Penguins............didn't see that one coming too bad for Calgary good for Iggy, he played junior with my cousin's kid maybe he'll finally get that ring. OOPS!!! spelt Penguins wrong in topic

Go Jets!!!!

Edited by KenM

I like Iginla a lot, great player and as far as can be gathered a great person. Reminds me of 1989 and Lanny McDonald... I was pretty crushed that the Habs lost but happy for Lanny. The Pens are definitely not on the List of Teams I Like, but if they were to win, I'd be happy for Iginla, who defs deserves a cup win.

I get to go to my first NHL game next friday Pens vs Rangers. Should be interesting he should be well integrated into the lineup by then.

Sweet- where are your seats? I am not sure if I am going to that game or not yet

Section 206 I believe. Tickets are ridiculously expensive!

We'll be in Pitt Friday through Sunday.

I have season tickets- next time you are coming in, drop me a PM and if I am not using mine, you can have them for face value. My wife hates when I go to too many games anyway! Enjoy the stay in Pittsburgh.

Bruins got played by this guy.... Doesn't sound like he ever planned on going to Boston.

I don't know if we will ever hear the whole story. I heard that the Flames gave him last approval of any trade, then made the deal with the Bruins without consulting him. I also heard that both Pittsburgh and Boston put their offers on the table and he decided Pittsburgh was his best shot for the Cup. From what I hear about him, I think it is probably more bad communication than him playing anyone.

Bruins got played by this guy.... Doesn't sound like he ever planned on going to Boston.

Jerome wouldn't "play" anybody. If the Penguins weren't in the picture, I bet he would be a Bruin by now. The deal with Boston was better for the Flames, but with final say with Jerome due to his "no trade clause" in his contract, he chose to play with the two best players in the world. Who wouldn't?

Jerome wouldn't "play" anybody. If the Penguins weren't in the picture, I bet he would be a Bruin by now. The deal with Boston was better for the Flames, but with final say with Jerome due to his "no trade clause" in his contract, he chose to play with the two best players in the world. Who wouldn't?

Lots of stuff probably isn't public knowledge but if what is out there is true, the guy had a no-trade but agreed that would accept being traded to Pittsburgh, Boston or LA. Boston made what most folks agree was the best offer and (if you believe what is being said by the B's front office) they were told they had a deal. At midnight, it get's announced that he is actually going to Pittsburgh.

The next day, the guy makes a statement that he couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with Pittsburgh due to the reasons you mention above.

That's all well and good, he can do whatever he wants but if he really felt that way, why did he even bother listing Boston and LA as acceptable options? His exceptions to the no-trade should have just been limited to a single team.

11bee: simply because, what if Calgary and Pittsburgh couldn't have worked out a deal? If the Flames did succeed in working out deals with the three teams, then it's up to Iginla in the end, because of the clause, to pick where he wants to go.

Lots of stuff probably isn't public knowledge but if what is out there is true, the guy had a no-trade but agreed that would accept being traded to Pittsburgh, Boston or LA.

So what if Boston isn't interested, or LA for that matter? He gave his short list, no doubt (in hindsight) hoping that Pittsburgh was. I don't see a conspiracy theory here anywhere. Let me ask you, who would you pick?

So what if Boston isn't interested, or LA for that matter? He gave his short list, no doubt (in hindsight) hoping that Pittsburgh was. I don't see a conspiracy theory here anywhere. Let me ask you, who would you pick?

Da Broons.

Of course.....

:)

Da Broons.

Of course.....

:)

Well if I had to make the decision I'd sooner go to, oh, I dunno, Phoenix than the the Booins... ;) But seriously, you can't blame him for wanting to play with Malkin and Crosby.

Jarome Iginla has always been a class act. I still remember what he said about Trevor Linden and did at Trevor Linden's last game in Vancouver. A great guy; an absolute class act that will be hard to follow.

Wishing him the absolute best in Pittsburgh and hopefully he'll raise a Cup there.

Edited by The_Animal