1:48 Hasegawa Super Hornet VFA-11

Happy Easter everyone!

Found some time this morning to post the final pics, before family arrives for the Holiday feast dry.gif I had a great time building this kit & I recommend it to all of you jet guys out there, although I'm sure most of you already have one in your display case!!! The great part of this build was all of the constructive feedback that was offered throughout...

Plenty of AM were used to build this Rhino-

-Aires pit

-Aires wheel bats

-QuickBoost ECS bard stacks

-Eduard PE

-Olimp burner cans

-Shull GBU-38

-G-Factor white metal landing gears

-Royale Resin wheels

-Fightertown decals

Model Master enamels were used for the major paint work. The Super Hornet Guide was used for reference as well as Jeff's Royal Maces WIP over at Z-5... Special Thanks to Loki for all of his great advice, as well as the AGM-65 stencils he generously donated :thumbsup:/> Unfortunately I got the stencils of the AGM-65 & GBU-12's facing inward, but I can live with that :bandhead2:/> Guess I got confused dry.gif Anyhow, hope you like pics since I finally narrowed it down to 30 :woot.gif:/>

058d2c94-4ed7-4327-b65b-07d6a445b97e_zps8142f805.jpg

49de94d6-db69-42ca-b37f-1b2d68e7028c_zpse9ac433c.jpg

21c3932f-2851-4b84-81fc-a07149ee3af2_zps89a4d008.jpg

2df0fa12-1c0b-42d2-b997-c8ac3c001408_zps8aac9f8b.jpg

8e85c723-5afb-4eaf-8385-6adff53f3afc_zpsa99d63b0.jpg

5a6db6e1-9eb0-42e2-8f5d-d57ba73063a2_zpsa76ab133.jpg

77a0abfa-2b16-45b5-aed9-3fffe9e607df_zps32698fb0.jpg

3c1176fe-12f3-4dcc-853c-af83e8cd89b0_zpsc4fdb864.jpg

Jesse,

Your Super hornet is one of my favorite builds on this board. Your attention to detail is top notch. The weathering is masterful. It's not overdone or overcooked and it looks to scale. Your photography is just as wonderful as your Super bug. Now don't crash her as you are fly her into your display case!

Very inspiring!

Steven L :wub:

Looks awesome Jesse!

I followed your WIP with great interest. I have a RoG F-18F in the stash that I plan to do as a VFA-103 jet, whenever I can get to it. I will be using your WIP thread as inpiration and can only hope the end result is half of what you achieved!

I look forward to following your next project!

Denis

Jesse,

Your Super hornet is one of my favorite builds on this board. Your attention to detail is top notch. The weathering is masterful. It's not overdone or overcooked and it looks to scale. Your photography is just as wonderful as your Super bug. Now don't crash her as you are fly her into your display case!

Very inspiring!

Steven L wub.gif

I really appreciate this comment Steven... not overdone, overcooked, to scale- is exactly what I was inspiring to do from day one! Thank you biggrin.gif Yes, I showed my 14 yr old son the finished model and of course, he wants to see how heavy it is :bandhead2:/> I heard my heart skip a beat right there!

Looks awesome Jesse!

I followed your WIP with great interest. I have a RoG F-18F in the stash that I plan to do as a VFA-103 jet, whenever I can get to it. I will be using your WIP thread as inpiration and can only hope the end result is half of what you achieved!

I look forward to following your next project!

Denis

Thanks Denis :woot.gif:/> I really like to hear that someone can use these threads for guidance in the future... Great stuff & gl on the RoG!

Beautiful Jesse ! Really beautiful.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, looking forward to seeing your latest Mudhen in the display case :thumbsup:/>

Great job, Jesse. 377.gif/> Nice to see your beautiful Super Bug completed.

It looks terrific! 70.gif/> 70.gif/>

Of course, I just have to ask. What's next? biggrin.gif/>

Thank you John rolleyes.gif I would love to build a 32nd Tomcat, but I'm afraid I might lose the "mojo" as so many great builder's do dry.gif I had my mind set on a 32nd Super Hornet, but I haven't even ordered the kit yet, let alone all the AM :bandhead2:/> Maybe a 48th Hasegawa Cat with a CAG scheme :hmmm:/> Gosh, when I get sick of sitting on my hands I will start building something ^_^/>

An incredible job for just 8 months! I would have taken 8 years to get this kinda of perfection!

Beautiful weatherin job!

-Jim

:lol:/> Thanks Jim- The weathering stage does take a lot out of a guy... I put a ton of thought and concentration toward the weathering, but in the end I am happy with the results...

/Jesse

Sharkey, White Wolf, speedlimit, VA-115EFR, jmel, Karl Sander, Chuck540z3, Aigore & Holmes :cheers:/> I appreciate each & all of your very kind remarks!!!! It is really awesome to read fellas, can't wait to do another WIP thread :thumbsup:/>

emot-swoon.gif

I really like the Maverick's seeker head! The rest of the plane looks equally fantastic.

Still have a long way to go before I can reach this level of modelling.

White Wolf, you really need to get one of those airbrush thingy's for your tool box :P/> :D/>

Thanks again guys

/Jesse

wow Jesse - just got back from holidays today and thought I'd check up on your progress only to see you've finished it! And my deity what a job you've done! I only wish I could paint a plane anywhere near like that. Just the right amount of weathering to make it look so real and not-model-like. I'll hit you up for tips later :woot.gif:

Well worth the wait!

Thanks for sharing this Jesse!

Look forward to your next project (which will be?....)

MH :cheers:

wow Jesse - just got back from holidays today and thought I'd check up on your progress only to see you've finished it! And my deity what a job you've done! I only wish I could paint a plane anywhere near like that. Just the right amount of weathering to make it look so real and not-model-like. I'll hit you up for tips later w00t.gif

Well worth the wait!

Thanks for sharing this Jesse!

Look forward to your next project (which will be?....)

MH 271.gif

Thank you very much MH 271.gif/> You can contact me anytime my friend, I am glad to help out! I am undecided on the next build... I want to build a 32nd jet, but I have nothing ordered in the scale yet dry.gif Surely I will get motivated soon.... Best wishes.

If you're going to go 32'nd scale, should stretch them legs into a Legacy hornet, or perhaps the venerable Tamiya F-16 in that scale. Great kit. Great plane. w00t.gif

Oh I know these are the best kits in scale!!!!!! I do have the 32nd Afterburner Viper Aggressor sheet w00t.gif

Benchmark. Awesome job.

Thanks Andrew rolleyes.gif/>

/Jesse

Edited by JesniF-16