Canadian Commerative Tail Art

Those are pretty nifty!

I am minorly environmentalist-y but unlike those who complained I love that David Suzuki is one of the chosen ones, but I do find slightly offensive the selection of Pamela Anderson and Justin Bieber. The latter because we have /so/ many better singers, the former because... who is she? Nobody, really... starred in one mindless TV series? She's not even all that attractive.

That all aside, I want decals (in 1/72) of the Maurice Richard and Guy Lafleur Hornets!!!

"slightly offensive"? Guess how I know you've never heard him?

:rofl:/>

You're right, I go out of my way not to hear him. And that's not even a joke, I've never heard him. And I intend to keep it that way!

I love how, at the end of the article, you can "Click Here" and make your own suggestions. Gotta love an Air Farce with a sense of humour. GO RCAF!! :thumbsup:/>

BD

Edited by Big Daddy

that was a really nice April's fool!

really nicely done!

...and all the time i did scroll down the page, looking at all those "unbelievable" tail arts, saying to myself "what the heck"....

The first person that comes to me asking for the Justin Bieber decals gets sent to bed without any supper.

Also, I find the lack of Sarah McLachlan disturbing. Clearly, whoever created this, has no taste in music.

The first person that comes to me asking for the Justin Bieber decals gets sent to bed without any supper.

Also, I find the lack of Sarah McLachlan disturbing. Clearly, whoever created this, has no taste in music.

I don't know a Jill Hennessy tail might have been nice!?

You know you should do one of those just for a yuck, I'd build the kit, but then I'm a sucker for jokes!!!

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I almost spit out my tea when I saw the snowbirds..we need decals for (most) of these. I need to have a twotter with count Floyd on it.

and a CP-140 with bubbles on it would be sweet as well

RiderFan,

I can tell you, he has a so-so taste in music, but is a MASTER with photoshop. I will ask him the next time I see him why there was no Sarah McLachlan.

Sean

I liked the Count Floyd one. That one, I think would have been great.

The line about one of the jets having a 20% increase in availability once the tail "art" had been removed was classic. Can't even mention that name. Gack!

They could have selected just a couple of the fake tail art they have done, and it would have been a very good and tastefully executed April Fools' Day feature. But noo, they just had to go overboard with dozens of ridiculous versions and completely spoil it. I couldn't stand reading until the end.

Edited by KursadA

Did you notice how dirty the Hornet was with that plastic boobed girl from the 80s? That was suitable, I wouldn't touch THAT creature with Captain Kirks (on a Airbus) thingamaboober after he played with several green chicks.

Did like the Hoser Sea King and who wouldn't like the Geddy Lee Hornet?

I was thinking about Beiber decals.. good thing I didnt say anything .. hahah

And, youre right about Sarah McLachlan.

As an added note re Sarah McLachlan she should be on a bird somewhere, maybe soon, as she is the Honourary Colonel for (IIRC, too lazy to look it up right now) 417 Sqn!!!

417 is Sass Jordan. http://www.rcaf-ARC.forces.gc.ca/or-re/hc-ch/nr-sp/index-eng.asp?id=13163

As far as I'm aware, Sarah is not associated with the Armed Forces like that.

Edited by RiderFan

I don't know a Jill Hennessy tail might have been nice!?

You know you should do one of those just for a yuck, I'd build the kit, but then I'm a sucker for jokes!!!

Jill Hennessy does have a nice tail ... :whistle:

Why no Jim Carrey Anti-Firearm Fighter Jet ? :chain-gun::rofl:

-Gregg

Even if someone thought things were blown overboard with dozens of ridiculous versions that prevented them from reading the entire article to the end, I thought it was very well done. Some of those pieces of art are actually quite convincing. I really liked the one with Anne Murry on the tail of the Snowbirds. How fitting as it was one of her biggest hits, if not the biggest. Mike 'Bubbles' Smith should have been on a Hornet though.

All in all, a fun read and a great concept and story by the writer.