Just finished this up yesterday. 8 1/2 months in the making. I used the Tamiya F-4J 1/32 scale kit with the following aftermarket sets:

Isracast F-4E Slatted Wing Conversion

Paragon Extended Inboard Slats

Aires F-4J Cockpit Set

Eduard F-4J Photo Etched Set

Eduard Formation Light Set

Eduard Burner Cans

Eduard Weighted Wheels

Master Model Pitot Tube and AOA Set

CAM VF-301 Decals

Let me know what you think!!!

DSC07558.jpg

DSC07562.jpg

DSC07561.jpg

DSC07560.jpg

DSC07564.jpg

DSC07567.jpg

DSC07568.jpg

As soon as I saw your name and the subject matter I knew it would look great. I was not disappointed- another "johnnymac" masterpiece! I really like the inner flaps down. Nice touch! :thumbsup:

Ahhh the famous "Heater-Ferris" paint scheme (1983-1984) in 1/32. Excellent job!!! In my future builds too. I want to combine it with an F-5E in the same paint scheme from NFWS though!

My congrats again.

Sernak

Thanks guys. :)/> I really appreciate the compliments.

Probably the most realistic wash I've seen. Which color did you use? It compliments the paintwork perfectly. Too often we use colors that look unrealistic, even hokey.

Aaron

Aaron, I used something called black opaque, which is a product that was used in the offset printing industry during the analog days of film negatives. It's my "secret ingredient" for weathering and washes, but it's very hard to find nowadays as everything has gone digital. I managed to find a jar on Ebay about 2 years ago, but it took me about 1 1/2 years of searching before I found a jar!

Fantastic work!! Do you have any in-progress shots?

Jake

Jake, not a single in progress picture was snapped. This build was a completely self-indulgent "mental health" build. Please know that my head is hung with shame as I type this... :blush:/>

As soon as I saw your name and the subject matter I knew it would look great. I was not disappointed- another "johnnymac" masterpiece! I really like the inner flaps down. Nice touch! :thumbsup:/>/>

Chuck, I referred to your F-4E build quite a bit when I was working on this; particularly the reinforcement strap bit on the fuselage bottom and the drogue chute area at the tail. Much appreciated!!! :cheers:/>

It looks incredible. Your craftsmanship is top notch! Can you let us know how you painted the ejector handle's black-yellow stripes, and how you made the rubber seal along the edges of the canopy? They both look fantastic. Also your photography is very pleasing. Thanks in advance!