Hi,

recently finished a couple of X-wings. One was completed for a friend. As I've already done a Red 5, I chose to do Red 2 and Red 3. I really like the Fine Molds line of Star Wars models.

Here is Red 2, piloted by Wedge Antilles

Here is Red 2, piloted by Wedge Antilles

P1020447_zpsd9210a8d.jpg

P1020461_zpsad6887e9.jpg

P1020462_zps1efe6229.jpg

P1020463_zps2e748465.jpg

P1020464_zpsf09d6ea6.jpg

P1020465_zps33bc9236.jpg

P1020466_zps6cdd601d.jpg

P1020467_zpscfa789d5.jpg

P1020468_zpsb0f45f07.jpg

P1020469_zpsd4bc8f8e.jpg

Nice! I really like their 1/72 and 1/48 X-Wings; I have them both. Unfortunately, like you, I decalled the wings of Red 3 as per the kit instructions some of which is completely bogus. For instance, the green on the leading edges of both lower wings was never there on the studio model of Red 3, photos of which can be found on Starship Modeler. There are other decalling errors (and omissions) in the instructions which can be determined by looking at the photos on the aforementioned web site. And the painting instructions are actually a very simplified version of the studio model. I will be correcting my kit before I go any further with it. Nevertheless, I really like the kits.

Tom

Nice! I really like their 1/72 and 1/48 X-Wings; I have them both. Unfortunately, like you, I decalled the wings of Red 3 as per the kit instructions some of which is completely bogus. For instance, the green on the leading edges of both lower wings was never there on the studio model of Red 3, photos of which can be found on Starship Modeler. There are other decalling errors (and omissions) in the instructions which can be determined by looking at the photos on the aforementioned web site. And the painting instructions are actually a very simplified version of the studio model. I will be correcting my kit before I go any further with it. Nevertheless, I really like the kits.

Tom

Yeah I found it confusing to get accurate markings. Especially for red 2.

• 2 weeks later...

"Dammit Biggs, where are you?!"

They both look great! My only suggestions would be that Red-3 seems to be a lot cleaner than Red-2, and that they both might benefit from a bit more of a "wash" to bring out the gritty feel of the movies.

Just for example, a pic of the studio model of Red-3:

kr_Xwing_left_top.jpg

Areas like the bays inside the split wings, the top deck, the engines, and just general panel lines themselves could use a little more accent on your builds.

Don't get me wrong, though. I love your builds. It's just the one area I would make suggestions on.