Space 1999 Eagle mystery kit

Does anyone recognize this kit and happen to know who the manufacture is/was? Looks like the built model would be about 6-8" long.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290887567933&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:US:3160

I'm not going to get into a bidding war over it, but would like to possibly track another one down if the price is right.

Ben

Hi Ben,

I purchased this similar kit many years back and it just a recast of the original AMT kit, slightly refined and actually it's a P.O.S......

If you are looking for more precise replica of an Eagle. the Warp kit is the best out there and available here

HTH

Ken

I bought one of the Warp Eagles many years ago and was unimpressed with the quality of the parts. The detail was there, but the resin was brittle and had some casting flaws, and the metal parts needed a lot of cleanup. Maybe they have improved over the years.

Edited by Dave Williams

Thanks for the info! The Warp kit looks really nice!

Ben

Your welcome Ben, it is a nice kit, in fact the most accurate kit in 1/72 scale

Dave, it has been updated since then... :thumbsup:

Ben, if you are interested, check out this 1/48 Eagle from Replicas Unlimited and the Laboratory Eagle.

Btw, these do go on sale from time to time and the kits have been updated too, and if you are into the grand daddy of them all :woot.gif: , there's the 1/24th scale 44" also available to some extent

Ken

Edited by Rdrunner

Wow! Those are a little outside of my Aircraft/Spacecraft Acquisition Budget. They look good, though. The Warp kit is a little more my speed.

Thanks for the info the Warp kit!

Cheers!

Ben

• 2 months later...

All things considered, even with the simplified construction of the Eagle, it looks very nice when done up properly out of the box. I had one I started work on in 1988 and decided to finish it in 1999-2000 as an out of the box build rather than trying to do a total rebuild/accurization of it. With just a bit of clever paint and decal work... here was my result:

e4-1.jpg

e4-3.jpg

The Rescue Eagle Pod

ep-1.jpg

Parked next to a Product Enterprise diecast Lab Eagle

e4-7.jpg

I've got a couple unbuilt ones stashed away, but I sure as heck with get more when they come back out for various projects.