Hi all

Just throwing this idea around. I was dreaming of airbrushing accurate camo on T shirts. Particularly, I was thinking about German splinter camo or mottled.

That led me to thinking about other things like British B of B patterns, SEA Vietnam, NATO, and on and on.

Am I nuts?

Anyone have any ideas?

Ah, the life of an insomniac.

Cheers

Paul

I actually posted something similar a long while back while equally sleep deprived. I'm a bit of a camo nut and am always looking for a better hunting pattern.

Acrylics tend to wash out but Enamels can hold their color. I found this out the hard way when a bottle of Testors went thru the wash by accident. The wife was not impressed.

For kicks and giggles, I refinished my muzzleloader last year. I actually used a special coating for that called Duracoat and then did some colored blotches with surplus Tamiya acrylics, than sealed it with Testors lacquer Flat . Came out OK.

I used my old Badger airbrush for it all, was like doing a large model:

0AF2F80E-FC6C-4FCA-A05A-50DE35A45E8E-261-00000105D3799349.jpg

5EA75FD4-65C0-4BF6-8ACD-47E4873696EE-261-00000105CA2BB66E.jpg

Edited by toadwbg

I was once in the office of a SEAL recruiter at NTC Orlando (my gung-ho roommate thought - wrongly - he had what it took). His ***entire*** office was camouflaged. The ceiling, walls, filing cabinet, desk, and even the telephone. The phone camo pattern blended into the top of the desk where it sat. :)

http://www.epicmilitaria.com/section.php/226/1/military-camoflage-t-shirts

The above link has a variety of camo clothing...

:thumbsup:/>/>/>

You will get a kick out of this one Holmes.

My wife's thing is, Purses.

Here is one of her "Operation Covert Sale" ones. It is one of them flip color deals to boot. In sunlight etc. It looks gold. If one looks, can see the gold tint from the camera flash.

purse_zps04bcbad3.jpg

mine

ram1.jpg

Edited by Wayne S

Good ideas guys!

Polly sounds like a way to go. I can go down to Giant Tiger and pick up 100% cotton T's for $4. A pop. I watched an episode of Foyle's War last night and the idea of a Spitfire T doesn't seem too challenging for a start.

Curt, is that a reclining nude in grey I detect on the handgrip of that rifle or am I the victim of an over active imagination?

Thanks for the site Holmes, I bookmarked it. This time, though I want to make my own.

Yep...I threw in some Blue Pearl Tiger Stripes also, but they have to catch the light just right to see them in the photo.

I got my ideas from these.

Curt

01-ch53camo1.jpg

300976_2286771202347_277065345_n.jpg

Edited by Netz

I was once in the office of a SEAL recruiter at NTC Orlando (my gung-ho roommate thought - wrongly - he had what it took). His ***entire*** office was camouflaged. The ceiling, walls, filing cabinet, desk, and even the telephone. The phone camo pattern blended into the top of the desk where it sat. :)/>

When I was at Ft. Hood in 1978 I ran across a Porsche 911 in a parking lot that had been camouflaged with issue paint in a MERDC scheme. There was a very large yellow/black Ranger ARC sticker applied across the rear window. The owner was an Air Cav Cobra pilot.

John Hairell (tpn18@yahoo.com)

You will get a kick out of this one Holmes.

My wife's thing is, Purses.

Here is one of her "Operation Covert Sale" ones. It is one of them flip color deals to boot. In sunlight etc. It looks gold. If one looks, can see the gold tint from the camera flash.

purse_zps04bcbad3.jpg

mine

ram1.jpg

...nice...I guess SWMBO Sneaks out with that purse and you'd not be any wiser ..now you know know HOW all those shoes got into the wardrobe!! :whistle:

I once stayed in a hotel in Lesotho that had curtains based on German WWI 'Lozenge' camouflage - even down to the Rib Tapes!

892774_10151333836642050_945218332_o.jpg

Vince

God that looks awful. Although, a true lozenge pattern might look cool on a neck tie.