Old Do-335 out of box review!

From what I understand, when Frog went belly-up, the most of the molds went to Novo in Russia, but all the "Fascist" aircraft ended up with Revell of Germany, including the Do-335, He-219, and Bf-110G.

SN

From what I understand, when Frog went belly-up, the most of the molds went to Novo in Russia, but all the "Fascist" aircraft ended up with Revell of Germany, including the Do-335, He-219, and Bf-110G.

SN

And the He-115. I've got a Revell pop of that.

If so, what colour was the pastic on yours? I have two copies, one black, one blue.

Mine was/is grey. Or gray, depending... In fact, I've had two of these kits over the years, both grey. Or you could say one was grey and the other was gray - now everyone's happy.

John

:D, I also have the original Frog moulding and it's also grey. As I only have one of these it's grey and as I have no second copy it can't be gray. Just wondering Dave, was your He-115 an old Frog one? I didn't know they made a 115. I have the old Matchbox one (or did have one once) and a Revell re-pop of it. Many of the old Frog kits were grey (or gray) and most of mine are. Some are dark blue and some were also black. From memory my Sea Fury is black and the Macchi C202 is dark blue.

:cheers:,

Ross.

And the He-115. I've got a Revell pop of that.

Are you thinking of the Matchbox He115? Did Frog do one as well? Certainly Revell Germany (who now owns the Matchbox molds) reissued the Matchbox kit.

Did Frog do one as well?

Sorta. Frog came as far as the test shot stage, but folded before it could be commercially released.

The entire project was then acquired and released by Revell in, FTTOMH, 1977.

Cheers,

Andre