• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marv,

That's some crisp paintwork. Neat job on your drop-pods and marines.

These three look quite pristeen. Have you ever added scrorch marks and paint chipping to any?

Cheers.

Thanks for the nice comments about the Drop Pods. I normally do some weathering, but didn't have time on these...they were built for my Grandson who needed them for a weekend tournament, so I just barely finished them in time.

Here's a Storm (Raven or Talon) that has some wethering:

DSC03246.jpg

Lookin good. I am building a custom Space Marine chapter right now based on the Spartans. I found a cool site that sells head swaps with the Spartan helmets designs. Normal troops get standard helmets, vets and sergeants get flumes.

Still haven't actually played a 40K game....all the shops around here are very gung-ho and seem more interested in serving up new players as cannon fodder rather than teaching them the game.

• 5 weeks later...

Nice job Marv,

You do any other Space Marine Chapters? Or just Space Wolves? I find painting Space Marines is a nice distraction from the usual aircraft or armour models since they are or can be very colourful.

I do Ultra Marines with some nasty Orks (Both 40K and Warhammer fantasy) also.

Thanks for posting your pics

Mark

Edited by Icehound

Those look pretty good. I stopped by Sci-Fi City today and they didn't have any. How long have they been available?

I think the drop pods are relatively new. My son buys this stuff and gives the kits to me for building/painting. These Forge World/Games Workshop kits are from England, and they are pretty nice. Each kit is well detailed, and the fit is quite good. The Warhammer stuff is a nice respite from the 1/48 aircraft that I usually do...allows my creative side to come out a little.

Edited by Marv

Those look pretty good. I stopped by Sci-Fi City today and they didn't have any. How long have they been available?

Try looking for a retailer that sells Forge World stuff. Here's a link to their website, but I know there are retailers who handles their products:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space-Marine-Support?filter_reset=1