• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Now I'm finishing aelerions. Hope they will be done this weekend. Then will make flaps from zero and last part will be slots - movable part will be simple, but wing part must be done from nothing.

I'm tired from this work and not yet done, maybe an half. It takes every power from me.No fun, just work, work, work. So if u have any aelerons or flaps fotos please post here, coz DACO fotos not to mutch enough for me

Best regards Alex :coolio:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Everyone knows that the riveted joints are used in airplanes and their production is not difficult. But how to simulate the adhesive and weld connection in model aircraft ? :unsure:

I tolk about this

aBafaejV34OpxWY31Gcq44n6WQU6pwhI7Sk6CG0k

Edited by black_widow

Hi :)/> I remember this theme from a looong long time ago. Awesome assembly and details!

The imitation of the "lines" - well, in this scale i think it`s still imitation-able simply with panel lines and wash. Maybe you can run the tip of the knife through the panel line, irregularly, to make the line slightly with rugged edges. And then the wash should stay not in a perfect flat line.

PS: i didn`t try that before, it`s just like a brainstorm idea :)/> Oh, btw i got another one: with CA glue: with something like an attachment/nozzle to the bottle to make a veeery very thin line of glue. So thin that it should stay like a tiny little layer of glue above the plastic surface, instead of spreading through the surface or along the panel lines. Something like filling seamlines with CA glue, but above the flat surface of the plastic ;)

Hi :)/>/> I remember this theme from a looong long time ago. Awesome assembly and details!

The imitation of the "lines" - well, in this scale i think it`s still imitation-able simply with panel lines and wash. Maybe you can run the tip of the knife through the panel line, irregularly, to make the line slightly with rugged edges. And then the wash should stay not in a perfect flat line.

PS: i didn`t try that before, it`s just like a brainstorm idea :)/>/> Oh, btw i got another one: with CA glue: with something like an attachment/nozzle to the bottle to make a veeery very thin line of glue. So thin that it should stay like a tiny little layer of glue above the plastic surface, instead of spreading through the surface or along the panel lines. Something like filling seamlines with CA glue, but above the flat surface of the plastic ;)/>

Thanks man. :rolleyes: Interesting idea, I think about it, but how to control the thickness and uniformity of the glue line which will leave? :D

From the photo the lines are vey hard to see and I suspect they would be in 1/48 as well. You only see them up close.

I would suggest found them in pencil, lightly with a very sharp point

I thought, and decided to take the next option. When using a knife to make small indentation in the groove is filled with the adhesive is laid on top of the wire. Once dry, glue the wire is treated with the back of a knife. Here are just a wire diameter must be suitable diameter of 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0,7mm?

in armor modelling, for simulating weldlines, they use streched sprue, glue it along the borders (tamiya extra thin, mek, or the like), make it softer with the same product and imprint the texture with the tip of a knife, screwdriver etc... afterwards you can make the textured surface more round by slightly sanding it and remove the burrs with an extra pass with the extra thin cement.

that how I did my weld marks on a trumpeter E-100

front_weld_cutting.jpg

Hello Alex

As Silenoz suggested, stretched sprue give good results, here's an example in my hurricane build.

P1000518e.jpg

P1000522e.jpg

P1000766.jpg

Carve a line to serve as a guide and glue a piece of stretched sprue over it, using tamiya thin cement to soften, roll a toothpick over the sprue to give a subtle irregular look.

You can control the desired effect by varying the depth of the guide and the thickness of the sprue.

Hope this help, I'm following your excellent build with interest.

Carlos

Edited by cruiz
  • 5 weeks later...

in armor modelling, for simulating weldlines, they use streched sprue, glue it along the borders (tamiya extra thin, mek, or the like), make it softer with the same product and imprint the texture with the tip of a knife, screwdriver etc... afterwards you can make the textured surface more round by slightly sanding it and remove the burrs with an extra pass with the extra thin cement.

that how I did my weld marks on a trumpeter E-100

front_weld_cutting.jpg

Thanks man, now i know how's to make this :rolleyes:

Hello Alex

As Silenoz suggested, stretched sprue give good results, here's an example in my hurricane build.

P1000518e.jpg

P1000522e.jpg

P1000766.jpg

Carve a line to serve as a guide and glue a piece of stretched sprue over it, using tamiya thin cement to soften, roll a toothpick over the sprue to give a subtle irregular look.

You can control the desired effect by varying the depth of the guide and the thickness of the sprue.

Hope this help, I'm following your excellent build with interest.

Carlos

Hi Carlos yep it's very help to me :woot.gif:

And hi all i continiume work on my B-1B wings :rolleyes:

So photos of last work will follow now

xMiCo0vDYxWakjz0mqVNosm92x597r3jDRaR_zrM

qgDKbu-3EMrq8govyilpQket_TpAl8z0VyJH-V3i

VhVONbDYGbiurxL8ZeK6S2qTwDp5nLVtN_zhYOai

_D61LbOz6tKJpAbB2xQuU_9jU7VTHyM2uDKVZZ6A

b-fb71h7YdyfPGJd7Y-0IB2ESsTj3o_Kz4qY9Cms

7LPmdmIDtl4rTmkG55Y4PKUgRcVZCK2hjBS5WMu4

yR3L-lMa1ePvv6WeHhAUPJROAwaQIR_zpren-plQ

b-fb71h7YdyfPGJd7Y-0IB2ESsTj3o_Kz4qY9Cms

uXeT38eSgppX2sxu6VUQ25gJhlIhKhhqM4xIeOLs

Now I'm working on flap hydraulics and flap casting.Back part of wing will be finished then and I'll start work

Edited by black_widow
  • 3 months later...