Completely agree, make it scale. If you are concerned about the artwork showing nicely to people viewing the model, you could always print out a larger example to set next to it or on its base (if you choose to do one). Beautiful work on those bomb bays.

I do have some detail pics of some of the B-1s down at Dyess if you need anything. Not a huge collection, but some.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave, in fact bbay is nearly complitle if you have more foto CRL it's will be nice :rolleyes:

Sorry for the delay. Here are the four bomb bay pics that I took. They are all of the second bay but you can see the fwd bay in the one shot (with fuel tank installed):

First looking aft...

baylookaft_zps18777eaf.jpg

Second, looking forward to the right...

bayfwdright_zpsc9ccdef2.jpg

Third, looking forward to the left...

bayfwdleft_zpsa67a01cb.jpg

Finally, looking forward (you can see the fwd bay is open too and you can see the bottom of the fuel tank)...

baylookfwd_zps09ee02a4.jpg

Hope these are some help. I have detail from other spots too (MLG, wing sweep joint, etc)

Cheers,

Dave

Sorry for the delay. Here are the four bomb bay pics that I took. They are all of the second bay but you can see the fwd bay in the one shot (with fuel tank installed):

First looking aft...

baylookaft_zps18777eaf.jpg

Second, looking forward to the right...

bayfwdright_zpsc9ccdef2.jpg

Third, looking forward to the left...

bayfwdleft_zpsa67a01cb.jpg

Finally, looking forward (you can see the fwd bay is open too and you can see the bottom of the fuel tank)...

baylookfwd_zps09ee02a4.jpg

Hope these are some help. I have detail from other spots too (MLG, wing sweep joint, etc)

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave your foto very help me, can you post enather fotos from MLG please ?

Some detail shots of the Port MLG leg...

MLG1_zpsf6e19b6d.jpg

MLG2_zps65dc4e93.jpg

MLG3_zps30f41d5c.jpg

Up into the forward end of the bay...

MLGBayFwd_zps240aab7c.jpg

Distant shot from the rear...

Rear_zpsecc186c3.jpg

While I'm uploading, here is a shot of the wing joint...

Root_zpsf1d4c37f.jpg

And I'll finish with one that showed me something I never knew about the B-1...the variable geometry inlet. It is as simple as having an outside edge that swings open or closed to adjust the intake area.

Intake_zps3f7e7bdd.jpg

Hope they help...

Cheers,

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great work so far - really enjoying it. But I'm not sure if the fuel tank can go in the aft weapons bay. I think there are some cg issues and I thought the plumbing was all in the forward bay. I'm by no means a Bone expert so hopefully someone can help us out!

Great work so far - really enjoying it. But I'm not sure if the fuel tank can go in the aft weapons bay. I think there are some cg issues and I thought the plumbing was all in the forward bay. I'm by no means a Bone expert so hopefully someone can help us out!

Good day and thanks all for comments and interest to my B-1B build :rolleyes:

About your question Skinny Mike i asked here before and answer is

View Post black_widow, on 12 April 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

At http://www.targetloc...production.html they wrote about B-1B 86-0121: "Moved to Ellsworth from Mountain Home 2002. At Royal International Air Tattoo, RAF Fairford, July 2003. Flew a record-breaking 21.7 hour sortie over Iraq in December 2003." Does anyone know what fitting (bombs, sniper pod) those B-1Bs had when this happened?

GBU-31s in the Mid and Aft Bays, Fuel Tank in Fwd Bay, no Sniper Pod at that time.

Shaun

Best regards Alex :coolio:

Edited by black_widow
  • 1 month later...

Good day all

1)I complited with 8xGBU-31v3 used green olive FS34087 plus for stakes and tail i took FS 36375 GpS antena i took black and made some weather effects as here:

_05tC-GZvOP68fq2yql4gNaUSoVUV8uKPzWoCkIh

and total i have

TOY9oX0ke1aBI2oZNsMIHIwe03_cdV2Y15ZqN6GH

Next will be CRL for those bombs

2) Complite with wing housing

RUT-Hchor_hYIp02shzqj7y1YiGhIzPNKl21FVTr

3) And began made tail section but russian mail so sloooooooowly and i'm waiting mine ALE-50 decoy from august and looks like man from shull24.com don't send it outside USA :crying2:

(I apologize for the inconvenience, but I'm not shipping overseas for the time being - unless you want to pay the exorbitantly high shipping cost for Priority Mail International. If you do, e-mail me and I'll send you a price quote. I'm looking for a solution, which will probably be going with a distributor.)If anyone can help me in this situation would be nice.

uSMVQyps28sqphVFE44gVviEhRztdKAKEO2zekwQ

Edited by black_widow
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic job so far on this monster. I built this 1 about 10 yrs ago when I was more of a novice and well sure wish I had my hands on another. What I could do with it. Keep up the great work cant wait 4 your next update!!

Good day all

I'm maing the CRL now. Does anybody know if I can put 8 gbu-31v3 into the CRL and have them fit fine inside the b-bay or can I only put 4? :unsure:

Here's a link to another 1/48 Revell B-1B build. The modeller says that he was only able to fit 5 GBU-31's on each CRL, in each bomb bay.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234920978-148-revell-b-1b-lancer-oef-2012-finished/page-5#entry1087406

Edited by JohnS
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry, I'm a little confused by your questions, but I think I can help.

The "Cooling Loop" cools the electronics that control the CRL. The "Ground Safety Locks" prevent the weapons from being released while the aircraft is in a "safe" condition.

I hope that helps. Let me know if it doesn't, take care.

Shaun

Good day All

The first CRL are done, second CRL will be done soon i hope before new year))) Now need put 8xGBU-31(V.3) into ejection rack. But i a little confuse how's to do it :blink: coz bbay have't mutch size for GBU-31v3 and never saw before that someone can put into ejection rack 8 GBU's i saw only 7 and it's maximum.

Jp67tZSkAbIwX4FNs-v0So_29lRb6itx0QX6MCJF

5HjuJ4OkQ9plPyuK4VCRTS_WX7FI40zo_e94KIN-

rPMrDGh8LV6WnqPDRpQkZMR9TNK3nCzIyWTPd0Jy

And I need every close-up photo from that airplane (B-1B Symphony of Destruction) no matter the quality, if you have please say it here i need it.

Edited by black_widow

Hi,

Sorry, I'm a little confused by your questions, but I think I can help.

The "Cooling Loop" cools the electronics that control the CRL. The "Ground Safety Locks" prevent the weapons from being released while the aircraft is in a "safe" condition.

I hope that helps. Let me know if it doesn't, take care.

Shaun

Yep it's help thanks man :thumbsup: