A-4B Skyhawk Malvinas 1982

I present you my A-4B Skyhawk with colors and markings of the Argentine AF during the Malvinas war back in 1982.The kit is built OOB except for the ter with the 3 MK-83 bombs and some scratchbuilt cockpit details.The kit is painted with revell and tamiya enamels and it is weathered part with enamel wash,ink based wash and tamiya weathering set D.I hope you like my skyhawk.

IMG_7179_zpsbd264579.jpg

IMG_7180_zpsc4fb17eb.jpg

IMG_7181_zpsdff5e88b.jpg

IMG_7182_zpsa1a8c8af.jpg

IMG_7184_zps43d5888e.jpg

IMG_7185_zps5492b5f0.jpg

IMG_7186_zpsb9b76133.jpg

IMG_7187_zps620cdf24.jpg

IMG_7188_zps0fee72e1.jpg

Very nice work, I'd like to have an Argentinian Skyhawk in my collections, especially with the bold yellow patches. If you can get them I'd recommend the Freightdog drop tanks, they have a better shape than the kit items. Freightdog also do optional parts for the A-4B/P,m including the corrected tanks.

peebeep

THanks guys.Peebeep I would like to convert my Fujimi A-4B into C model with the sand brown camo with the blue stripes.I don`t know if I can do that and there are almost no decals available for those birds in 1:72.

Lovely ....I have the decals for a 1/48 bird...might just take the plunge after this.....always great to see scooters....and the airfix kit is looking to be a cracker....

What colours you used for the camo....?

rgds

mr b

Indeed I did overdoen the chipping :D it`s really easy to overdo it.But when you see the kit in person the chipping is not that visible.I think that this is due to the bright light I used for illuminating the kit during photographing.

Hi Dragan,

Good work but I don't believe the FAA used the Mk.83 (Naval units did and with the Snakeye tail section). They used the EXPAL 250 which was locally made. Three were carried, one on each wing and one on the centreline, sometimes (as in the pics above) three were carried on a TER centreline.

Technically this is an A-4P.

You are also missing the antennae on the port side nose area. It is white and in a rectangular shape and the circular shaped antennae on the vertical stabiliser.

It's a good model, don't get me wrong but if you want to add accuracy, send me a PM and I'll help you out no problem :thumbsup:

Nice scooter Dragan!, I like the chipping, it might be just a bit overdone but not too much, those Skyhawks where old birds and they where repainted with a very poor quality paint during the war so, after a few missions they might be well worn out. It's true, the bands are not correct because on the real thing the flaps where not painted, the other thing is the bombs, this aircraft, carried 500Kg and mostly Mk-17 bombs (if my memory is not playing games to me) those where from the Lancasters and Lincoln sent from England to pay for the debt contracted with Argentina during WWII, BUT, on one of my books there's picture of an A-4B armed with a TER with three bombs that appear to be Expal 250kg, so no worries for you!!!.

It's a nice model, you did a lovely job, I can notice you did something with those hideous fuel tanks, well done mate!

Nice scooter Dragan!, I like the chipping, it might be just a bit overdone but not too much, those Skyhawks where old birds and they where repainted with a very poor quality paint during the war so, after a few missions they might be well worn out. It's true, the bands are not correct because on the real thing the flaps where not painted, the other thing is the bombs, this aircraft, carried 500Kg and mostly Mk-17 bombs (if my memory is not playing games to me) those where from the Lancasters and Lincoln sent from England to pay for the debt contracted with Argentina during WWII, BUT, on one of my books there's picture of an A-4B armed with a TER with three bombs that appear to be Expal 250kg, so no worries for you!!!.

It's a nice model, you did a lovely job, I can notice you did something with those hideous fuel tanks, well done mate!

????????

Debt for WW2 paid by England to Argentina?????? Firstly, England won (as did the rest of the Allies), secondly Argentina was neutral. No reparations were awarded between Argentina or England.

The bombs are not M-17, they are EXPAL 250's. I can see why you say they were as they do look similar but they are not.

Thanks LOki :)I`ll keep that in mind.I won`t be adding or changing anything to this model.MY next Argentinean AF a-4 will be more accurate of course and I will seek your advice for sure :)/>

You would be very welcome. Argentine Skyhawks (Halcones) are a difficult area. I have many photos (my uncle served with the FAA during the Falklands conflict) and I would be very happy to assist you in research.

Debt for WW2 paid by England to Argentina?????? Firstly, England won (as did the rest of the Allies), secondly Argentina was neutral. No reparations were awarded between Argentina or England.

The bombs are not M-17, they are EXPAL 250's. I can see why you say they were as they do look similar but they are not.

With your permission Dragan.

God Loki no need to upset, of course every one knows England won the war, but what every one doesn't know is this: during the entire WWII Argentina fed England with meat, wheat also sent wool, leather, soldiers, pilots, nurses, about 5000 Argentine/Brit nationals fought in WWII for Britain. Even more there was an ENTIRE Argentine squadron in the RAF, the 162nd Squadron, so after all, Argentina wasn't so neutral and England DID contracted a debt with Argentina. After the war england not only gave Lancs and Lincolns but also sent Gloster Meteors Mk.IV. You can go to history books to confirm that.

I didn't got confused, read again what I have written, for your conveniece here I quoute myself:

this aircraft, carried 500Kg and mostly Mk-17 bombs [...] on one of my books there's picture of an A-4B armed with a TER with three bombs that appear to be Expal 250kg, so no worries for you!!!.

I have to admin that a better way to express this would have been: "this aircraft, carried mostly 500Kg and Mk-17 bombs".

cheers

Edited by Der Grüne Punkt

I have to admin that a better way to express this would have been: "this aircraft, carried mostly 500Kg and Mk-17 bombs".

cheers

But they didn't. They carried EXPAL 250's. Like I said, my uncle was there and has told me for fact.

As for Argentines, I know they did fight in the war BUT the country was neutral.

Read it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina_in_World_War_II

I am half Argentine and half English. Dual national and I spend alot of my time in the Falklands. Don't presume to tell me.

Forgive me Dragan.