Now if I am not able to get another sprue from Stevens International, this is what I am thinking about doing.

I was going to insert a sheet of styrene to the inside of the part and make it flush with the kit part. Then I was thinking about using some milliputt to the outside of the part to make it whole again. Now I have never used Milliput before but I have the "superfine" and "Course". I was planning on filling the part with milliputt and waiting for it to cure and sanding the part down to the fit the kit part. But like I said, I have never used milliputt before but it looks simple.

If anyone else has a suggestion on how to handle my LITTLE PROBLEM.....

I am open for suggestions.

More on the fuel tanks when I am done rescrbing the seams that the putty took away. But like I said yesterday, I am skipping all over the place with this kit because I am not ready to do the cockpit but I am getting close to it.

I started with the outside of the cockpit and i stared to work on the panels that are suppose to be opened. Like someone mentioned on this post, the parts that are suppose to be opened, are not a great fit when you try to close them.

so I started with the panels that are suppose to be opened and I only work with the parts that I don't have to alter. And I put in the Eduard parts in the steps on the plane itself.

IMG_0685_zpsb7dcc8a4.jpg

IMG_0691_zps0b78f08f.jpg

Those Step panels, have a wrong proportion, try to correct those for better look.... :whistle:/>/>

f14-detail-ladder-03l.jpg

Edited by Manuel J. Armas S.

VF-143%20PORT%20SIDE.JPG

You are absolutely correct Manual.

I will add pictures tonight to show you what I did with that part. I put putty in the seams and kinda raised that panel a little, I will let you decide, but when I think about it, I may have to raise that panel a little more so it seats correctly.

• 1 month later...

Now Here Is The Problem:

While going over my kit contents I saw something strange with one of my sprues. I looked it over for a second and I seriously thought Trumpeter created the part that I am talking about, to be that way but when I looked at the part and the instructions, I found that I had a problem.

Here are the pictures: Now mind you, I did not bring my Daco book to work so I can explain the part that I am takling about. If you guys can give me some suggestions on what to do with the part, or should I call Stevens International (The distrubutor of Trumpeteer in the states) and see if I can order the same sprue? I dont really know what to do. After you guys look at the pictures, I will let you guys decide on what you think.

IMG_0761_zps566c838a.jpg

IMG_0764_zps2d9eecb2.jpg

IMG_0759_zps30772d5c.jpg

IMG_0756_zps0ada72ee.jpg

IMG_0753_zps64dec0d0.jpg

Hey Tomcat-Lover,

I think you're on the right track with your proposed repair especially if you want to keep it simple. I personally would suggest Tamiya Light Curing Putty if you can find it.................GREAT STUFF! Another repair you could try, albeit more time consuming, would be to sand the curved surfaces away until you have straight lines all around, like the shape of a rectangle in this case and super glue in a piece of resin (assuming you have some big enough) and then sand it down to the outer mold line. I still think your method would still be the easiest though.