It has probably been discussed before, many times over but can anyone suggest a match for the Grey colour paint on the wings and horizontal tail????

I'm building a B737-200, CPAir "orange Peel" for a retired pilot and would like to do it right

TIA

Barney

You can get Boeing Gray in "Xtra Colours" Enamel line of paints, XT301. It is available from Roll models (Link):

http://www.rollmodels.net/search/resrchnu.php

Also, "Canadian Voodoo Grey" FS 16515, is the same and is available in Testor's Model Master line as well as Xtra Colour, XT150.

Boeing gray is a close match to the U.S. Navy Gloss Gull Gray, FS 16440 (P-3 Orion, E-2 Hawkeye). I worked with Boeing for a short time on their P-8A Poseidon and seeing those sitting beside a P-3, you can see the Gloss Gull Gray of the P-3 has a noticeable greenish tinged to it.

Unfortunatly, Testors has now discontinued their Model Master Canadien Voodoo Gray. This was my go to boing gray and I am bummed. :crying2:/>

I know that you can easily mix some gray to be close, but I sometimes need to retouch a section that has been previously painted and it helps to have an off the shelf source for this color.

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:/>

This was discussed at our last model club meeting and according to Testors, the uproar was so great that voodoo gray color will be rereleased under a different name so all is not lost.

Frank

ATL

Frank

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:/>

Have fun modeling!

Mike

(Also from ATL....)

This was discussed at our last model club meeting and according to Testors, the uproar was so great that voodoo gray color will be rereleased under a different name so all is not lost.

Frank

ATL