The new 1/32 Tamiya kit is a Corsair!!

Let the trumpeter stash sell-of begin!

I was thinking the same thing! But you know, I think I will keep mine. I bought it for $40 with 3 aftermarket sets included... I figure I will build it someday...

As for extending the GB, I am all for it but when is this thing due out?

Edited by CorsairMan

So the planets have aligned, the stars are just right and a two night full moon must be about to occur, they actually pulled the trigger and are coming out with this! I hope it does well and we get a bunch of variations. Trumpeter had a good run with theirs, they just missed the mark on a few things and I think maybe gave up too soon. Now will Tamiya treat the engine with the same respect as they did their in-lines? Then it will be a source model for other kits as well...oh boy this is great!

Anyone see sprue shots or anything yet?

Bill

Edited by niart17

What is really annoying is Jennings April Fools joke was not a joke but a dang pretty good prediction...

The fact they were doing an F4U was probably one of the worst kept secrets in recent history.

So the planets have aligned, the stars are just right and a two night full moon must be about to occur, they actually pulled the trigger and are coming out with this! I hope it does well and we get a bunch of variations. Trumpeter had a good run with theirs, they just missed the mark on a few things and I think maybe gave up too soon. Now will Tamiya treat the engine with the same respect as they did their in-lines? Then it will be a source model for other kits as well...oh boy this is great!

Anyone see sprue shots or anything yet?

Bill

The description on HLJ says the engine will be complete and the cowl panels removable. I'm guessing with magnets again like the Spits and Stangs. An expensive source for an engine for other kits though.

The description on HLJ says the engine will be complete and the cowl panels removable. I'm guessing with magnets again like the Spits and Stangs. An expensive source for an engine for other kits though.

True, but still there. You know if someone in their marketing department would push the issue, they could (should) sell kits of their engines by themselves ,perhaps with some added detail parts to rope in the guys who bought the whole kit, and make a litte more sales off of the same molds. It wouldn't be hard and I think it would sell pretty well actually. Didn't Tamiya use to (or still) sell detail and accessory kits for some of their cars and even a few aircraft kits? I'd buy one of the engines to go in my Revell Corsair build if it weren't terribly expensive. Oh well, I can dream.

Bill

What is really annoying is Jennings April Fools joke was not a joke but a dang pretty good prediction...

-Jim

It was the worst kept secret by Tamiya of all-time. Guys I served with in the airforce now work at Vintage Wings of Canada. Tamiya was all over their Corsair, I posted this info all over the net.

They also did their research on the Spitfire and Mustang at this facility. That secret was much better kept, one of my firends knew a full years in advance that the Spit was coming out, he kept that info to himself.

Let's see...

I need to do a 2 toned birdcage and I would like to do a radar night fighter version as well.... so that's 2

A tricolour would be great as well... so I am up to what, $300?

Damn

I already pre-ordered before the lockdown at HLJ!

It was the worst kept secret by Tamiya of all-time. Guys I served with in the airforce now work at Vintage Wings of Canada. Tamiya was all over their Corsair, I posted this info all over the net.

They also did their research on the Spitfire and Mustang at this facility. That secret was much better kept, one of my firends knew a full years in advance that the Spit was coming out, he kept that info to himself.

Yep. A modeling budy of mine was there when they were there(and I missed it!!!!) so I got the low down a few years ago. I hear they crawled over a few other aircraft there as well ...but I am not telling. :whistle:

Sean

What great news! Sure, a lot of folks were expecting it, but it is nonetheless fantastic! I will wait for the bubble topped canopy or the F4U-1D to be released (whichever is next). I like that Tamiya doesn't usually wait forever to release other variants, at least in recent 1/32 history.

I hear they crawled over a few other aircraft there as well ...but I am not telling.

So, based on that, we're sure it's NOT:

1. A Tempest

2. A B-17G

3. An IAR-80

4. A Tempest

5. A Tempest

6. A Tempest

7. A Typhoon

8. A Tempest

Did I mention, it's probably not a Tempest?

I said in a post not long ago the last plane I wanted to build

was a Tamiya 1/32 F4U-4B. Looks like I may just get a shot at it!

I think they will do a 1/48 F4U-4 long before a 1/32 one though. :crying2:

---John