The new 1/32 Tamiya kit is a Corsair!!

Mines on order. I expect I'll end up building 3-4,but will wait to see future versions that might include the bubble top and a night fighter (-5N please).

Those would be extremely unlikely, especially the 'Bubble Top' F2G, which is so obscure that the closest thing we have to a modern injected kit is a pair of MPM/Special Hobby kits in 1/72 and 1/48 (the AM F2G is the SH reboxed).

I'd expect we'll see a F4U-1A and an F4U-1D from Tamiya. Besides that I don't expect any other variations (maybe a FAA boxing?)

Needless to say, I'll be getting at least one of the Tamiya Corsairs. May wait for the -1A or -1D though, so I can do a Black Sheep 1A or X/115 respectively.

Edited by mawz

I've never really kept up with release dates of Tamiya so maybe you guys can answer this. How long typically does Tamiya wait between initial variant releases and coming out with a new variant? Like how long was between the F-4j and the other variants released? I may get one of the birdcages but more interested in the 1A or 1D.

Bill

Edited by niart17

I've never really kept up with release dates of Tamiya so maybe you guys can answer this. How long typically does Tamiya wait between initial variant releases and coming out with a new variant? Like how long was between the F-4j and the other variants released? I may get one of the birdcages but more interested in the 1A or 1D.

Bill

The Phantoms were a year or more apart. The Spitfires were released much closer together. I would say 3-6 months for each of the sub variantsand the year for the bubbletop. The Mustang was roughly 8-12 months.

No ryhme or reason.

As for extending the GB, I am all for it but when is this thing due out?

Luckily for you, it should be in Canada first before anywhere else... ;)

(As in, HLJ says July release, we *should* have them in May. Just don't know when exactly yet.)

Edited by jaydeesan

Luckily for you, it should be in Canada first before anywhere else... ;)/>

(As in, HLJ says July release, we *should* have them in May. Just don't know when exactly yet.)

Oh not again... just like the Spit... *sigh*

If it makes anyone feel better, I had pre-orders with HLJ for both the Spit and Mustang. When I saw the kits on the shelves a month early in Canada I honored the pre-order and wound up with three kits of each.

If it makes anyone feel better, I had pre-orders with HLJ for both the Spit and Mustang. When I saw the kits on the shelves a month early in Canada I honored the pre-order and wound up with three kits of each.

We thank you for your support!

Looks like folding wings to me! Please be functional... Tamiya always seems to try outdo their previous kits and folding wings would do that.

From Tamiya: all options are just that - options. Wings can be built folded or extended, but are not "foldable". Flaps can be posed dropped or retracted, but are not movable, canopy can be open or closed but is not sliding. Landing gear is also not retractable. The way these parts worked on a real Corsair, I don't see any way anyone could replicate the mechanisms in plastic, in 1/32, for a mass-produced kit, and not have it look completely toy-like.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm betting Tamiya will offer a way to have the wings folded and extended (much like their removable gear on the Zero).

I got my "covers" to fit perfectly. Probably luck. I am never taking them off to move the mains up!

I'm betting Tamiya will offer a way to have the wings folded and extended (much like their removable gear on the Zero).

You mean Mustang, The gear on the Zero actually extends and retracts.....