U.S. Navy Blue Angels

Hello Blue Angel Fans,

The Navy has decided to cancel the remaining 2013 Blue Angel performances and practice demonstrations as a result of the current Defense policy, which states that outreach events can only be supported with local assets at no cost to the government.

Blue Angel pilots will continue to maintain minimum safe flying proficiency at Pensacola, Fla. These flights will be single sorties and not open to the public.

The Blue Angels are disappointed in this decision but recognize this is one of many steps the Navy is taking to ensure resources are in place to support our forces operating forward now and those training to relieve them.

The team will continue to sign autographs at the National Naval Aviation Museum Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. The Blue Angels team will also explore other community outreach activities near their home station of Naval Air Station Pensacola.

The Navy believes there is value in demonstrating the professionalism and capabilities of our Navy and Marine Corps team, thus inspiring future generations of Sailors and Marines. The Navy intends to continue aerial demonstration in the future when the budget situation permits.

Thank you for your support fans! We will keep you updated with any changes to our schedule.

-BAPA

Sad... Just sad. Imagine the disappointment from those guys who have finally reached their goal to be selected as a Blue only to sit and sign autographs in a museum once a week. Disgusted doesn't even come close to what they must feel.

Probably just as disgusted as the rest of the men and women who've worked hard to get their wings and will have to spend the rest of the year in sims or sitting around doing...stuff.

Yet it doesn't have to come to this. There are so many other things that could be cut from the budget. This is simply trying to maximize negative public perception. The sequestration was a cut to AN INCREASE IN SPENDING!!!!!! The amount that has been reported is a pitance in the overall budget picture. This is politics run amock, pure and simple.

Duhhhh, there was a sequestor??

Anyway, spoke with a friend of mine in the tourism business for Pensacola. The hotels and attractions in Pens have had a get together about a few months ago when they realized this was going to happen and have started raising money to have the Blues perform. He doesnt know if they are shooting for a beach show or the homecoming, but he says that thay are working hard to find a way of getting the money to the area. Always a big draw, so they are doing whatever they can.

I know I drive up for the week of Homecoming from Orlando. A lot of people come in for that from all over....I have that week off already.

"THE GOVERNMENT SEQUESTOR: When dumb folks are allowed to wear the big-boy pants"-coming soon to a theater near you. That is unless the theaters get converted to some other money making enterprise....

FLY NAVY!

-Jim

Yet it doesn't have to come to this. There are so many other things that could be cut from the budget. This is simply trying to maximize negative public perception. The sequestration was a cut to AN INCREASE IN SPENDING!!!!!! The amount that has been reported is a pitance in the overall budget picture. This is politics run amock, pure and simple.

Darren - you nailed it dead center. +1

The Blues, T-Birds grounded, ya know the Black Knights are gonna be victims.....I'm just imagining the USS Ronald Reagan sailing around with it's flight deck full or grounded aircraft.

Duhhhh, there was a sequestor??

Anyway, spoke with a friend of mine in the tourism business for Pensacola. The hotels and attractions in Pens have had a get together about a few months ago when they realized this was going to happen and have started raising money to have the Blues perform. He doesnt know if they are shooting for a beach show or the homecoming, but he says that thay are working hard to find a way of getting the money to the area. Always a big draw, so they are doing whatever they can.

I know I drive up for the week of Homecoming from Orlando. A lot of people come in for that from all over....I have that week off already.

"THE GOVERNMENT SEQUESTOR: When dumb folks are allowed to wear the big-boy pants"-coming soon to a theater near you. That is unless the theaters get converted to some other money making enterprise....

FLY NAVY!

-Jim

I don't see this happening. A lot of the blues and TBirds is all about the practice that goes into it. If they havent been practicing together there's no way they'll come out and do a show after a month or two of stagnation. I don't think it would be safe at all. You'd have to privately fund an entire training regimen over the course of weeks to get them back up to performance standards.

The big dogs are talking about funding training, support, everything....

You know what happens when Pens gets going. Remember the hurricane that wiped out the bridge? The town really came together.

-Jim

the suck has arrived and been made official...

:bandhead2:

TT is that SNAP or EBT?

SNAP is Federal. so SNAP. Is been expanding too, record numbers are using it. Nice to be a part of the popular crowd for once.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

You'll pardon me for not shedding a tear over the public not getting to see loops to 80s rock power ballads whilst operational wings and squadrons in both the Navy and the Air Force are stuck sitting around waiting for the fiscal year to end.

The worst part of this is, Congress had a chance to authorize the DoD the necessary flexibility to transfer funds across different funding lines to support operations and maintenance. The services have sufficient money to cover the OMA for all these units, but they cannot move that money into the OMA accounts because Congress failed to authorize fund reallocation across DoD accounts. When the revised budget passed, they struck that language from the bill. As a result, services lack the discretion to keep these units flying due to multi-billion dollar shortfalls in the operations bankrolls.

So instead, they're doing the best they can to keep the right units flying: those forward deployed and/or imminently supporting forward deployed operations.

You'll pardon me for not shedding a tear over the public not getting to see loops to 80s rock power ballads whilst operational wings and squadrons in both the Navy and the Air Force are stuck sitting around waiting for the fiscal year to end.

Heresy!

The worst part of this is, Congress had a chance to authorize the DoD the necessary flexibility to transfer funds across different funding lines to support operations and maintenance. The services have sufficient money to cover the OMA for all these units, but they cannot move that money into the OMA accounts because Congress failed to authorize fund reallocation across DoD accounts. When the revised budget passed, they struck that language from the bill. As a result, services lack the discretion to keep these units flying due to multi-billion dollar shortfalls in the operations bankrolls.

So instead, they're doing the best they can to keep the right units flying: those forward deployed and/or imminently supporting forward deployed operations.

actually the president said he would veto any bill that gave him that authority. so lets continue to please blame them all.