Yet it doesn't have to come to this. There are so many other things that could be cut from the budget. This is simply trying to maximize negative public perception. The sequestration was a cut to AN INCREASE IN SPENDING!!!!!! The amount that has been reported is a pitance in the overall budget picture. This is politics run amock, pure and simple.

Meanwhile, the folks in DC are still getting thier $100,000+ paychecks, free taxpayer funded medical care, and fly around the country on the taxpayer dime.......yeah, there is a lot of "sequestration" going on at the top........... :bandhead2:/>

It's just another DC orchistrated donkeyshow.......and they're the donkey.

Edited by Johnopfor

Well, maybe a Dayton Ground show complete with lots of Cessna 172's and Robinson R44's. that we're trucked in because the pilots couldn't pay the high fee for paying for the shutdown of commercial use for the 2 days. Sounds like a cancelled air show brewing if you ask me! It's real hot in July on an airport Tarmac anyway. I went in 07 and was tired, sunburn and dehydrated that day and was glad to get home back in Cincy!

You'll pardon me for not shedding a tear over the public not getting to see loops to 80s rock power ballads whilst operational wings and squadrons in both the Navy and the Air Force are stuck sitting around waiting for the fiscal year to end.

Colonel,

I am going to step out on a limb and say that you would be hard pressed to find anyone on this board or anywhere else for that matter that doesn't stand behind our troops 110% as I do. But don't patronize us the general public with statements like this. It is like Peter posted here earlier, we are both on the same side of the "blame" game. Let's put the blame on all that caused this, and not be sympathetic to the other when we voice our disgust over the entire situation. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Meanwhile, the folks in DC are still getting thier $100,000+ paychecks, free taxpayer funded medical care, and fly around the country on the taxpayer dime.......yeah, there is a lot of "sequestration" going on at the top........... :bandhead2:/>/>/>

It's just another DC orchistrated donkeyshow.......and they're the donkey.

Exactly!!

The question is, when will airshows start getting cancelled. I personally look forward to the show at Miramar every year. I make the drive from Northern LA County for the statics and some shirt/hat purchases from the various squadrons. But mainly to say thank you to the men and women in uniform.

Edited by Matt Shropshire

Exactly!!

The question is, when will airshows start getting cancelled. I personally look forward to the show at Miramar every year. I make the drive from Northern LA County for the statics and some shirt/hat purchases from the various squadrons. But mainly to say thank you to the men and women in uniform.

You haven't heard....?

These closed off White House parties, vacations and golf outings are expensive. It's only a matter of time.

Air shows virtually across the board are canceled. Along with open houses and the like. Basically the only air shows you'll see this year will be the private ones that get the warbirds to come in. You won't be seeing any modern military anything at an airshow this year. Static or flying.

You'll pardon me for not shedding a tear over the public not getting to see loops to 80s rock power ballads whilst operational wings and squadrons in both the Navy and the Air Force are stuck sitting around waiting for the fiscal year to end.

I thought Air Force fighter pilots were glory hound cowboys? Don't tell me Top Gun lied to me.

Turd! Double Turd!!

I was looking toward seeing the Blues at the Bagotville Airshow in June. I see they have been removed from the airshow website. Too bad.