Any 1/48 Jolly Green Giant kit?

There's the rather ancient Revell CH-53 kit in 1/48th. Rather primitive by today's standards, but unless you wanted to try to backdate the Academy CH-53E's it's your only choice AFAIK.

Curtis

I'd like to do one like this. California ANG, in Moffet Field, CA, February, 1980:

sc00b7f392w.jpg

sc00b7d5b2w.jpg

sc00b7ad35w.jpg

sc00b78d32w.jpg

Revell did do the HH-3E in 1/72nd, but unfortunately, nothing has been done for the HH-3E in 1/48th. I've not seen one in person, but apparently Attic Models does a quite poor 1/48 conversion that it's best to stay away from.

Edited by DonSS3

No 1/48 kit of the original HH-3E Jolly Green exists.

We really need one though!

Well, I hesitate to even call it a 'kit', but there is the ATTIC 1/48 resin HH-3. Anyone with any experience with ATTIC kits will run away screaming, but it IS out there. General consensus, though, is that it's easier to convert a Hasegawa SH-3 into an HH-3 than make a presentable model from the ATTIC kit...

Well, I hesitate to even call it a 'kit', but there is the ATTIC 1/48 resin HH-3. Anyone with any experience with ATTIC kits will run away screaming, but it IS out there. General consensus, though, is that it's easier to convert a Hasegawa SH-3 into an HH-3 than make a presentable model from the ATTIC kit...

In an attempt to get one of the Attic conversion kits to use to make a USCG Pelican, several attempts to contact them were left unanswered. I have also searched for people trying to unload the Attic conversion set. Anyone here have one that they want to get rid of?

David

I'm not an helicopter expert, but wanted to do the ones that rescued pilots in 'Nam.

Thanks

That would be both the HH-3 and the HH-53. The HH-53 was intended as a replacement for the HH-3, and started being used in 67 or 68, but I think the HH-3s were still performing missions until the end of the war.

That would be both the HH-3 and the HH-53. The HH-53 was intended as a replacement for the HH-3, and started being used in 67 or 68, but I think the HH-3s were still performing missions until the end of the war.

So Dave,

The Revell kit still can't be used to make the HH-53?

Thanks