While I mostly make plastic airplane model kits, I also do 4D Puzzle Kits from Cubic Fun. Maybe others also do these. My question is where to discuss these. Some kits are very complex (St. Peter's Square, Houses of Parliament, etc) but there is no place to discuss. Some are extremely complex and I need a forum to discuss problems. These kits appear simple: no cement, no paints, no decals, etc, but take my word; they can be monstrosities to build. I just spent 10 hours trying to construct a 5 foot high model of Burj Khalifa and the instructions led me nowhere and I gave-up.

This is very interesting for me; I'm a building afficionado (I know, like trainspotting but without the glamour!) A while back I saw a Ravensburger 3D puzzle of CY Lee's Taipei 101 in a local store, that got me thinking and Googling: I found Paper Landmarks and a couple of other suppliers, including one with the Burj Khalifa in the pipeline. I hadn't heard of Cubic Fun, so many thanks for that. I may have to commit to something in this genre soon...

If your interests run to more historical buildings, there is a fine 1:380 kit of the beautiful Himeji-jo (Castle Of The White Heron)by Doyusha, reviewed here, and I'd be pleased to know of any similar subjects in kit form.

It is likely we're in a pretty small niche with this, but it would be good to know if there are other folk of taste in the area...?

Edited by ChippyWho