1/48 Su-25 "Frogfoot" kits

I've searched most of the major players selling kits online Sprue Bros, Scalehobbyist, Hobbysearch, HLJ..etc. So far I am unable to locate any retailer that has any Frogfoots in this scale available other than the Revellogram offering which is not as accurate as some of us want with regards to the production version vs the prototype which is what the old Monogram kit is. AFAIK only Kopro (later Eduard re-issue) and Revellogram put out kits of this very enticing aircraft in 48th scale. Any one got any leads as to who may still have a Kopro issue still on hand or in stock; saying it's available means anywhere from the time you order or months away from delivery. The Revellogram issue could work if there were adequate AM sets to make it into a production version build; such as the office and any pertinent airframe changes.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I think it is very hard to find a korpo kit (or the original OEZ). I think you should try to find an EDUARD limited edition with all the extras inside that will definitely change the finall image of you kit. I think it is well worth it

Eduard kits is way overpriced if you find one on eBay.

Look for it on the for sale section in ARC there was even one beeing sold for $5 not to long ago.

One more vote for the OEZ/KP/Eduard kit, if you want a 1/48 Su-25 that's accurate-looking right out of the box. I don't know of any significant upgrades available to correct the Revell/Monogram kit, but 1/48 isn't my favourite scale, so it's possible they exist. I did build and finish the OEZ kit years ago and I was quite happy with the results - I was desperate for a "Frogfoot" and a satisfactory one (to me, at least)wasn't available in 1/72. I agree with you, Greywolf - it's a very enticing aircraft, and needs more respect from kit manufacturers in both scales! Bottom line, the Eduard 1/48 version should be just what you want if the price isn't crazy.

John

The 48th scale Su-25 by KP is now owned by a Hungarian company who still have it available. It was they who reboxed it, added the resin parts, etching . . . The Eduard version was only a limited run, it is the KP (I think "KP Models" the new name) in Hungary who own the rights for the press tools and the kits. The owner is sometimes around on ARC.

If I find more I let you know.

Best regards

Gabor

Wow - that is nice! Thanks, Gabor! Too bad they wouldn't do something similar for the KP 1/72 Su-25K, which I think is still the best single-seat "Frogfoot" in 1/72 scale, despite its age, unless Art Model follows up their new two-seaters (Su-28 and Su-25UBK) with a 1/72 Su-25K.

John

Clif,

I have three of the original OEZ Su-25K kits in my stash. If you want one of them PM me. It won't cost you much but postage may be a showstopper if you're in CONUS.

Bjarne

Edit:

Also available here:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=263440&pid=2499272&st=0entry2499272

Edited by Phantom726