Terrorist attack ..

Comedian Patton Oswalt said on his Facebook page this morning....

"Boston. F***ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, 'Well, I've had it with humanity.'

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). Thisis a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, 'The good outnumber you, and we always will.'"

So very true.

Edited by madmike

Events like this are bad enough when the motivation is clear, but to have it happen at a completely non religious and non political event that actually brings people together in peace like this is truly plumbing the depths of cowardice and depravity.

Deepest condolences to all affected and a hope for swift justice upon the perpetrators.

"If one man can show so much hate, think how much love we could show together"

Qoute from survier of the 22. july massacre in Norway.

Edited by MIG Mikkel

I won't huff and puff about the whys or wherefores or the whos that may have done this. I simply add my heart felt condolences and prayers for the families of those who've been affected adversely in any way by this tragedy. May those who died rest in peace and I also pray for justice to be done, whether it be swift or slow, let true justice be done in this case.

Ross.

"If one man can show so much hate, think how much love we could show together"

This.

Too bad that in a week or so this'll be forgotten and everyone will go back to hating each other and yelling at each other...

May those that have been cruelly taken rest in Peace. And even a child loses his life for some one who has a grudge or whatever..

May the Little Angel find Peace .. :pray:

The grief of the Bostonians cannot be imagined..

I hope those that are seriously injured get well soon.

:pray: :pray:

Officials are saying that the IED's were pressure cookers, filled with explosives and packed with nails / ball bearings.

I then find a just-released AP article on these weapons. The article goes to the trouble of posting high-resolution screen shots from the Al-Qaeda webzine "Inspire" that show in great detail how to build one of these. The Inspire article is called "How to build a bomb in the kitchen of your Mom".

Maybe I'm just wrapped too tight but given the events of the last 24-hours, does it really seem appropriate to be posting excerpts from an A-Q website that go into detail on how to build these weapons and how effective they are?

My thoughts and prayers for the families of those lost and suffering ...

Officials are saying that the IED's were pressure cookers, filled with explosives and packed with nails / ball bearings.

I then find a just-released AP article on these weapons. The article goes to the trouble of posting high-resolution screen shots from the Al-Qaeda webzine "Inspire" that show in great detail how to build one of these. The Inspire article is called "How to build a bomb in the kitchen of your Mom".

Maybe I'm just wrapped too tight but given the events of the last 24-hours, does it really seem appropriate to be posting excerpts from an A-Q website that go into detail on how to build these weapons and how effective they are?

I feel you're right but the sad thing is, those instructions are so easily found via internet searches ...

-Gregg

My thoughts and prayers for the families of those lost and suffering ...

:pray:

I feel you're right but the sad thing is, those instructions are so easily found via internet searches ...

I knew about them for several years. But I do agree that it seems and is inappropriate to print it now.

My condolences to the three victims' families. It's a shame that these terrorist groups fed off misguide youth to do their slimey work for an agenda that I can't understand - how does it make the world a better place?! Thanks madmike for posting Patton Oswalt's words. When put in that perspective, I feel better about humanity and how we, good people, outnumber them, the evil dark nut jobs.

My thoughts are with the families of the victims and all the people of the great city of Boston (including the folks who were only visiting for the Marathon).

I was a witness of the 911 attacks when I lived in NY and I cannot stand to watch degenerate morons kill innocent folks in order to make what they think is "a point".

F#ck them!

Too bad that in a week or so this'll be forgotten and everyone will go back to hating each other and yelling at each other...

All too true, unfortunately. From Oklahoma City to Columbine to 9/11 to Newtown to this, incidents of mass violence have become canvases onto which people on all sides of the political fence project their political agendas and confirmation biases. Because of this, instead of thinking of the victims, our first reactions are now often to worry what the political fallout will be - about what the talking heads on the TV or radio will say; about what laws this will push through Congress; about how much longer the line to get through airport security will be and how invasive the inspections will be; about who we'll end up sending planes to drop bombs on over it. It's an awful thing to say, but it's true; and a sad statement about the times we live in.

Fortunately, my cousin was not directly affected by this senseless act of violence. She does work at the Children's Hospital in Boston but was not called in to work. She did say that many of the other hospitals and trauma units were, and still are, working very hard to care for the injured. My prayers go out to the victims families, first responders, and everyone else affected by this event. My other cousin sent this picture.

BostonTribute_zps107a794d.png

Mike

I was just watching the news....a suspect has been ID'ed and an arrest is close to being made. This is swift and seriously impressive work by all the law enforcement agencies involved.

Fortunately, my cousin was not directly affected by this senseless act of violence. She does work at the Children's Hospital in Boston but was not called in to work. She did say that many of the other hospitals and trauma units were, and still are, working very hard to care for the injured. My prayers go out to the victims families, first responders, and everyone else affected by this event. My other cousin sent this picture.

BostonTribute_zps107a794d.png

Mike

Mike,

Good to hear they are okay..

Simply horrific.

I will say a prayer for those badly injured and those that were killed. :salute:

I was just watching the news....a suspect has been ID'ed and an arrest is close to being made. This is swift and seriously impressive work by all the law enforcement agencies involved.

they were going back and forth on that all day long, complete with scheduled press conference that never happened and set up the federal court house.

a bomb threat closed the courthouse around 4 today so there isn't anything public news wise.

we're all scratching our heads about what is actually going on with facts.

My two cents tho it is a generic statement.

Our system needs to define what terrorism is and or define what they mean by political when it comes to things like domestic terror and these type of things "if" domestic, should the terrorist still have certain rights in the criminal system.

Other statement,, When it comes to a mass of people, I really wish those who are supposed to deal with safety would actually think of safety and reaction time.

Things like construction scaffolding and wooden picket fence snow/sand barriers are not exactly safety/reaction time friendly.