Terrorist attack ..

Situation evolving..MIT Police Officer shot and killed when authorities responded to a "disturbance" on campus late Thursday night. Two suspects fled in stolen car after shootout..one arrested in Watertown, one still at large. Every cop in Mass. has descended on the area, which is completely locked down.

No absolute confirmation that the situation is related to Monday's bombings, but many media organizations are reporting such.

SN

Oh good! Now us taxpayers get to pay his room and board and medical expenses for the rest of his life.

'Merica.

A small price to pay to get some answers hopefully and track down others that were involved. Nothing would be solved if he was found dead.

Great job Boston PD! :worship::cheers:

I suppose this opinion won't be popular..but I'm glad they took him alive, and hope he is given a fair trial and all the necessary legal protections. Not for him, but for us. Unless the Law is applied equally and fairly to all, it applies to none. Once you start throwing out rights in the name of vengeance, it's a short slide into barbarism.

That said, my personal opinion is that the guy is a piece of slime and deserves the harshest punishment available.

SN

Great work to all the first responders in Boston this week, from those who ran towards the blasts on Monday to those who chased after and took down these two @$$clowns at risk to their own lives. We saw the dedication and relentless pursuit of justice exhibited by the FBI, Boston PD, Massachusetts State Police and National Guard. They are true heroes.

And let us not forget the victims and the pain and anguish of those families affected by the crimes committed by the Tsarnaev brothers. Nothing can ever bring back those lost or undo the injuries inflicted, but as a nation, we can have closure knowing that those responsible have been held accountable.

500px-Flag_of_Boston.svg.png

Edited by Tony Stark

Yep, there has to be a bigger fish, any intel would be good. Just stick a steel rod into the bullet wound until he spills it. :thumbsup:/>

I don't think any bigger fish will be found. These two were not experts.

Glad they were stopped and hopefully we will learn from the one that was caught.

I don't think any bigger fish will be found. These two were not experts.

Agreed. These two were - as their uncle described them - losers. They felt like they didn't fit in, they couldn't get along with anyone, they blamed everyone else for their problems, got into 15-minute religion (just enough to support their contempt for others, but not enough to be true jihadists). They decided to lash out against the culture they couldn't fit into and chose the marathon to make their public statement.

While powerful, their bombs were amateur, crude and neither "high explosive" nor capable of massive destruction (building damage was limited to broken glass). These bombs were designed to maim, injure and kill. I'm sure they wanted the devices to be more powerful and we're fortunate that these two losers weren't actually trained in anything more than how to use google. If they were on a mission from Allah, they would have been suicide bombers; instead they planted the devices and left the scene, but they had no exit strategy. They were mad at the world and the car jacking, shootout, and hideout only show that they were just cowards. They have more in common with Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold than UBL and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

God bless the victims, survivors, families and Law Enforcement.

The media... Not so much. I tried to stay on top of the story but all the major news networks are a joke and embarrassment.

Oh good! Now us taxpayers get to pay his room and board and medical expenses for the rest of his life.

'Merica.

Not if he has a fatal accident while tripping over his shoestrings.........

just sayin'......

Great job Boston PD! :worship:/>/> :cheers:/>/>

I suppose this opinion won't be popular..but I'm glad they took him alive, and hope he is given a fair trial and all the necessary legal protections. Not for him, but for us. Unless the Law is applied equally and fairly to all, it applies to none. Once you start throwing out rights in the name of vengeance, it's a short slide into barbarism.

Holder made a statement awhile ago that terrorist do not have constitutional rights.

The President when he came on called the act terrorism.

I personally hope he is not giving the right to have rights. Luckily "at-least" to this point he has not been giving miranda rights.

On a personal level, if he is giving rights, I would consider it a Kick to the face with his age, "depending" on the circumstances.

I am a Natural Born Citizen of England and America.

What this means and meant to America is. "As a child" I had the right of both citizenship's when it comes to American law, "Till Adulthood".

On my 18th Birthday "to America" My adulthood started. At that Age to America I had to make the choice. Even tho there was no draft. I still had to sign up for a draft card and voters registration, keep in mind voters reregistration=s a civil duty "jury duty".

To me even without defining him as a terrorist, By rights The president can revoke his citizenship specially since his Secretary of State would have been the one to give it to him Naturalization as he became an adult (One year ago?).

This act if the President wanted I am willing to bet he could say, this 19 yearold did not for fill his obligation of citizenship.

"Hopefully" the powers that be think the entire thing through and look at all avenues before making a decision. Not giving him miranda rights at this time was a smart decision.

Edited by Wayne S

The media... Not so much. I tried to stay on top of the story but all the major news networks are a joke and embarrassment.

All in all, I think they did a good job, specially with how chaotic it was, Not like they could zone in on certain police etc, since there was so many of them, added to that, the shut down/lock down of the areas.

To a degree, what I could see as an embarrassment is the lack of Dogs finding him so close to the scene that he ran from specially with blood and must have been powder on him.

To put a little humour to it, if he ran down south, the hounds would have found him in as many minutes as it took them to walk to the boat.

All day I was yelling, where the heck are the dogs. Did not take me long to find places on google earth he could have hiding, even I noticed the boat.

All in all, I think they did a good job, specially with how chaotic it was,

I would rather they keep quiet until they were sure, it was knee jerk rumors constantly, that rarely proved true. the news isn't supposed to be another chaotic voice, its supposed to throw water on a fire, not gasoline.

I hated the stories that featured marathon finishers "not being able to enjoy their race" and other incredibly stupid wastes of oxygen

Right up there with "he could be dead or alive" that I heard on TV also "identified or unidentified" easy there, you information portals, you. don't give me everything at once.

I went to Deadspin, which seemed determined to confirm, confirm, and then finally report. Yes thats right, I go to a sports gossip site for more accurate news than 24 hour news stations. There is something wrong with that, right up to the idea that deadspin "has a reputation to uphold" yet regular media seems unburdened with such problems.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

I went to Deadspin, which seemed determined to confirm, confirm, and then finally report. Yes thats right, I go to a sports gossip site for more accurate news than 24 hour news stations. There is something wrong with that, right up to the idea that deadspin "has a reputation to uphold" yet regular media seems unburdened with such problems.

Newsmedia is a business too - and the only goal is profit, i.e. advertising, i.e. attracting and holding the most viewers. And the majority of people would far sooner watch what is more 'exciting', even if untrue or unconfirmed, than watch levelheaded, rational discourse...

Yep, there has to be a bigger fish, any intel would be good. Just stick a steel rod into the bullet wound until he spills it. :thumbsup:/>

Yeah!!! That's a sure way to demonstrate American values to the rest of the world. Maybe we can emulate the Taliban and then stone him to death at Fenway Park?

That said, my personal opinion is that the guy is a piece of slime and deserves the harshest punishment available.

I've heard they've already started by locking the TV in his hospital room on CNN.

No one is "given" rights in this country by the government, they are merely codified and secured by things like the Constitution and the rule of law, against abuse by the government. The public safety exemption for Miranda is just more BS, when even law enforcement believes this is over.

Everyone should be very disturbed that the usual suspects like Lindsay Graham and John McCain say he should be held as an enemy combatant! An enemy combatant seems to require we first be at war (which we are not), and a non-citizen. Please don't even go there using the amorphous concept of being at war with a verb, like the "war on terror". We will have sunk to a new low, and destroyed our own rules of law in the name of false security if this suspect disappears to Gitmo or the like. As heinous as what the crimes he and his brother likely committed are,we are going down a very slippery slope, driven by visceral reaction, rather than one governed by the rule of law, that we are supposed to live under. I'm afraid that when US senators start calling US citizens enemy combatants, the "terrorists" have already won.

Maybe tomorrow the feds will decide that something you say or do, something you own, what you read, websites you visit, or a group you are affiliated with makes you an enemy combatant. Be careful what you wish for...

Allow the state and local authorities to do their jobs, within the LAW as it exists. When Timothy McVeigh bombed the federal building on Oklahoma City (a far more devastating blast) investigators and prosecutors did their work, got a conviction and appropriate sentence was delivered. The system worked. Let's not be an utter embarrassment to ourselves and our history by doing otherwise.

I can't believe I missed the original post you responded to. Thank you for the above :worship:

Considering what amateurs these two were, There should be enough evidence to convict by the numbers just fine. no reason to break our own rules to nail a 19 year old loser.

I've heard they've already started by locking the TV in his hospital room on CNN.

That's too far! Worse yet the torture will be for not as he gives false info he just watched. Be lucky if he spells his own name correctly now.

My favorite media moments were the "patriot's day" connections, the "well we aren't saying, but we are just saying, its this day so it might possibly could maybe be this group of people, based on this calender date. It could be, we don't know, it could be any number of groups or individuals, but we have chosen to mention this group for no particular reason or anything"

Edited by TaiidanTomcat