VIP group build, El' Presidente GB

VIP Group Build  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do this GB?

• Yep
    • Nope

Here is a new Group Build idea. VIP GB. Any airframe that carries a Prime Minister, Queen, President, Big dude unlike us who are lucky to fly economy.

Any beyond fancy plane or political mover. Now some countries like the US have their Air Force and Marine One and support airframes. Special paint schemes and lots of modifactions.

Others like Canada, the Prime Minister flies which ever Military airframe is available at that moment. Could be a Airbus, Challenger business jet or a run of the mill Griffen. I once had a photo of Prime Minister Trudeau being flown to Waterloo Ontario in the back of a Chinook back in the 70s. (147003)

Would also include a British Sea King in Rescue colours as long as you have the right airframe number of a airframe flown by the future King. Even his little brothers AH-64 Apache as long as you have a airframe you have proof (or resonable guess) that he flew.

Also included could be fancy civi airframes as long as you can name some big wig who once flew or was flown in it.

Oh, it would most likely be a GB starting in January. THe calender is rather full for the rest of 2013.

That will work good for me with the GBs I am already with and my move this summer I will be able to be properly prepared.

Denis

Interesting proposal. Would give me a chance to do "NAVY 1!" Just gotta find the decals...

Denis

Dang it Denis....ya didn't even give me a chance....OK....I'm in looks like there'll be two Hoovers in the GB at least for now. Then there's the Herky Bird from the Movie Air Force 1, well that is if they allow fictional birds to be done.

:D, Hmm. Would the Australian GG's Avro York and Percival Proctor from the late 1940s be close enough. That's right the GG had his own personal York and Proctor for a time in the late 1940s. Since those times Australian dignitaries such as PMs and GGs have flown in whatever 34 (VIP) Sqn had available at the time.

:cheers:,

Ross.

..........I like building governmental planes

Me too, every plane I build is government owned, be it Navy, Air Force, Marine....even Army Choppers... :whistle: :D.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I have an Anigrand 1/72 Boeing B-314 Clipper in the stash. It's unlikely I'll ever build it without some motivation like a Group Build, so I would be happy to join this one!

Edit: forgot to add that FDR flew a B-314 to the Casablanca conference in 1943, so it fits the theme.

Mike

Edited by mlicari

Putin Su-27UB

I can't find any photos of actual flight, but it happened during the 2000 presidential campaign - the pilot was the famous General Kharchevsky and they flew a Su-27UB Red 17 (Lipetsk colours) from Krasnodar to Grozny in Chechnya.

Medvedev Su-34 (also Putin's Tu-160 flight at the end)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6yLOH7QM84