Apache AH-64 clothesline antenna

Am working on Hasegawa's 1/48 AH-64D - Beautiful kit. A PE "clothesline antenna" is included in the kit. Have seen photos of these on the newest D model Apaches - it's a long rod attached to the right side of the tail boom. Anyone know when these were added? Is it appropriate for this kit OOB? Or would other changes be needed along with this antenna?

[/img]http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/Donn1238/media/IMG_2359_zpsd102c3fb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by 50sNavAir

Good point- so they might get retrofitted to earlier Apaches. -- I'd like to put this antenna on the Hasegawa modell , because it looks neat,. But I have only seen photos of it on tithe newest version of the AH-64 D, and the Hasegawa kit is an early version D.

• 1 month later...

Good point- so they might get retrofitted to earlier Apaches. -- I'd like to put this antenna on the Hasegawa modell , because it looks neat,. But I have only seen photos of it on tithe newest version of the AH-64 D, and the Hasegawa kit is an early version D.

All photos of the AH-64D I've seen show this antenna. Also, AH-64A had this antenna retrofitted. Airliners.net has many photos showing this on both models. Hope this helps.

I'm going to be putting it on Aaron's when I get that far. Here's a pic I took last year of the ones based at JBLM. They were earlier-model Deltas (they are actually the first unit to stand up with Echos now) and they have them, as well as all the bells and whistles, so I would say you are good putting them on.

Aaron

IMG_9331_zps44961a4a.jpg

Edited by strikeeagle801