Kinetic 1/48 S-2E correction set

Very nice, Dimitri. Will need to get one. When will you have some available (it shows 'out of stock' on your site)?

Have you considered a set of corrected engine nacelles, since Kinetic totally buggered the nacelles in the kit? You did such a nice job on the nacelles in the Collect AIre kit.

Very nice, Dimitri. Will need to get one. When will you have some available (it shows 'out of stock' on your site)?

Have you considered a set of corrected engine nacelles, since Kinetic totally buggered the nacelles in the kit? You did such a nice job on the nacelles in the Collect AIre kit.

Yes , I second this consideration. They didn't even bother to fix the nacelle shape on the new version they are do to release.

Master for Collect-Aire,...yes, making this one was so long time ago, over 15 years ago or so...

As for today's projects, - there were plans to creat new engine nacelles for this Kinetic kit as well but the work on the forward fuselage took so much time and efforts (much more than it was expected initially) that I feel I am not ready to start a work on the engine nacelles for this one just now. Also there is a number of large projects which await for a completion for ages (1/72 Connie correction sets and 1/48 F-101C and F4H-1 conversions first of all), so making of these nacelles is postponed at least now. Although in fact, maybe there is actually a point to be back to this work few time later, along with the mentioned projects.

As for availability of the forward fuselage sets, - they will be restocked in several days, just I get some number of clear canopies completed again.

Dmitri

Nice looking molding, Dmitri. What's the issue withthe nacelles?

They should have a slight pinched in area aft of the engine cowlingon the nacelle on the sides. Refer to the 1/72 Hasegawa S2 or photos.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my S2F update set from Dmold. Packaged well and shipped from Russia, about 3 weeks in transit. For the most part I am happy with the purchase. My only concern is the clear canopy portion. Shaped well but it's not exactly crystal clear and there are bubbles in it. Most of the bubbles are in areas that will be painted. I'm hoping a dip in future will help it out.

Yesterday my sets came in the mail and I am very pleased! There is a massive amount of difference between the Kinetic nose and glass and this correction set. I will not build another S2F without this correction! I have already ordered the new Kinetic S-2A and I am ready to chop the nose off of it when it comes through the mail! rolleyes.gif

It should be, they have the same nose from the windows forward as does the S-2E. Most of my Tracker builds will be the early versions (S2F-1 & -2), so most of the sets I buy will go in the S-2A kit. Boy, is this going to make a difference in the way the finished kit looks!

Edited by aweber stoofan