Tamiya 1:48 Humvee out of the F-117 kit.

The fit of this kit is fantastic, a true shake and bake job. And what's even better, if you screw up/drip CA glue on it/whatever, just throw some dirt on it to cover it up, nobody knows the difference :rolleyes:/> .

Methinks I will be building more armor in the future.

Here it is, almost done, just have to add the roof hatches, the roof-mounted weapon, and the antenna and call it finished :D.

72884_10151424539910003_1066654484_n.jpg

Good build. I just started doing more Armor myself.

Critique: paint job resembles smoke with rubbing off in some areas. I don't know what look your going for however.

Oh, I did want to say the interior looks great. Just the right worn green look.

Edited by toadwbg

Good build. I just started doing more Armor myself.

Critique: paint job resembles smoke with rubbing off in some areas. I don't know what look your going for however.

Oh, I did want to say the interior looks great. Just the right worn green look.

Thanks for the critique. I was just going for filthy, hasn't-been-washed-in-forever, dirty, nasty Humvee. Not really any "look" per se. I'll remember that on my next build. Do you have any suggestions on different weathering techniques? I'm definitely open to suggestions and I'd love to learn, because I can definitely see myself playing with armor kits a little bit more often. I'm going to throw this one in a diorama here when I get a chance. Must finish what's on the workbench here first, though.

Glad you like the interior. I was very pleased with how that turned out, which is what convinced me to mount the M60 up there and leave that hatch open.

• 1 month later...
[...]And what's even better, if you screw up/drip CA glue on it/whatever, just throw some dirt on it to cover it up, nobody knows the difference [...]
Armor judges in a contest might not agree. But it is a technique I have used myself. Like hiding screwups with boxes and bags.