The kit is still in the design stage. I'm working with MC on it, and that's straight from MC this week. It may be released later this year, but anything else you've "heard" beyond that is nothing but somebody speculating.

I wouldn't count on drogue pods. There are very few USAF birds that carry them.

That's rather why I'm asking. What are the possibilities of them doing a non-USAF boxing.

As it's 1/144, it would be great to have the possibility to do a KC-135F posed in a refueling diorama with Revell's lovely little Rafale kit.

That's rather why I'm asking. What are the possibilities of them doing a non-USAF boxing.

As it's 1/144, it would be great to have the possibility to do a KC-135F posed in a refueling diorama with Revell's lovely little Rafale kit.

Just to win the pedantic award of the week, the KC-135F does not exist. It is either C-135F with J-57 engines or C-135FR with F108-CF100 engines, the R stands for remotorise (re-engined). Unlike the KC 135, they are full cargo capable aircraft and beside the probe and drogue system used by most of the french aircraft, there are other differences. There is one air intake at he root of each wing , the KC has only one at the root of the left wing. We also use wing tip refuelling pods since 1995-96. We used the flying boom to refuel the AWACS have since 1991.

Beside the 11 C-135FR, we also use 3 KC -135R

But in the end, I agree with you, an non US boxing would be really cool!!!

Edited by squezzer

All C-135s except the USAF's KC-135A's (which account for 732 of the 820 built) had dual air conditioning packs under the wing center section. The KC-A only had the one. Other than that, French C-13F/FR tankers (as built) were externally indistinguishable from USAF KC-135As. They always carried the 'limp dick' refueling basket, and in later years, have been fitted with the under wing drogue pods.

As for what Minicraft may do, I don't know, and I don't think they know at this point. As I say, the kit is still in the design stage. Whatever MC doesn't do, you can count on the aftermarket doing though! There's just way too many juicy possibilities for resin and/or decals.

J