1/48 T-34A or B Mentor info

Does anyone know where I can get a 1/48 scale T-34? I know Aconcagua makes one, and that ones looks good to me, but if there are others out there, I would like to know. I found a distributor at selpingudo@aol.com, but everytime I call, he says he is out of the Mentor, and tries to sell me other kits I don't want, and then tells me he will call when he gets them. After two months, I'll call him and the pattern repeats. I need the A or B (the C won't work) because I only build USAF planes.

My Father was in Civil Air Patrol with me as a kid, he was our Aerospace Teacher, and went by the nickname Mentor. He recently passed, I want to make this to honor him.

Hi,

Czech Models made a mixed media kit of the T-34C in 1/48 scale.

Was pretty common at shops like Squadron a few years back, but less so these days.

This reply won't necessarily help you, but guess you could check out eBay or the classifieds here.

regards,

Edit: Sorry, failed to read your post carefully about the T-34C not being the variant you're looking for.

Edited by j-basset

I think in 1/48 you're going to be pretty much limited to the Aconcagua kit or converting the Czech Models kit, possibly using bits from the Minicraft Bonanza. I didn't know there was one coming from Minicraft, that should be interesting, I wonder when it's due?

Yep, the Aconcagua kit is the only dedicated kit of a piston engined T-34 in 1/48 scale. I've seen the Czech Models kit converted using the cowling and other bits from the Minicraft Bonanza however.

Thanks for all your help guys. The C variant is really easy to come by, and Bonanzas aren't hard to find either, so I might go that way. I never would've thought about that without your help, so thanks again.