VNAF Aircrafts

I build mostly VNAF aircrafts and love to setup a simple diorama to show off my VNAF birds in their 'natural habitat' :) . Here are some of my works .

Hope you will enjoy .

VNAF C-45 Hobbycraft 1:72

VNAFC4503fp_zps5367625c.jpg

VNAFC4502fp_zpsd5b96b62.jpg

VNAFC4501fp_zpsc28b6ab3.jpg

VNAF T-6G Monogram 1:48

T6G06VNAF.jpg

T6G05VNAF-1.jpg

T6G01VNAF_zpsb33275aa.jpg

VNAF CH-47A

arch470401_zps369285e8.jpg

ch470111201202_zps2a807078.jpg

VNAFCH47fp11201201_zpsef23e544.jpg

CH47VNAF11201203_zpsf9f0fdd1.jpg

Edited by C7A

Many thanks for the kind comments .

Here are some more . Sorry about the picture quality, back then I did not own a very good camera .

VNAF A-37B Academy 1/72

A3703_zpsd6c59c0d.jpg

new-2_zpsdb705a7a.jpg

And here are some more recent ones

VNAF B-57B Italeri 1/72

And here are some recent ones

VNAFB57B10_zps0f484237.jpg

VNAFB57B07_zpsa8c67510.jpg

Edited by C7A
  • 1 month later...

They are very good! Your level of realism for 1/72 is excellent and the photo work is really well done. Would you like to tell us more about your photo and lighting techniques, and the construction of the backgrounds and bases? I used to live in Asia in the late 1960's so this is a subject that interests me greatly.

Many thanks for all of your kind comments .

They are very good! Your level of realism for 1/72 is excellent and the photo work is really well done. Would you like to tell us more about your photo and lighting techniques, and the construction of the backgrounds and bases? I used to live in Asia in the late 1960's so this is a subject that interests me greatly.

All of my flightline / runway shots were done outdoor in natural sun light . The background skyscape is real sky. Tarmac is a piece of mdf painted grey with some marking.The revetment is scratch built . The ground equipments are from Hasegawa kit .

I can relate to what you were saying . sometimes when I looked through the camera view finder to take these pics. I often was reminded of my own happy childhood memories back in 'Nam :D

Here is another one . Hope you will enjoy .

Italeri 1/72 F-5A

F5A01_zpsec41fdcf.jpg

Edited by C7A
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks guys .

Very good job. My personal favorites were the O-1, A-37, and the Cammoflaged C-47. What did you use for the silver on your natural metal aircraft?

Sorry for late reply . I used mostly aluminum foil for my natural metal aircraft . I reckon nothing is more natural metal than real natural metal :)/>

One of of my recent VNAF builds . This is Hobbyboss 1/72 . The kit is quite ok , except for the windscreen and windows they are just way too thick .

H34Mrk03_zps5000d43f.jpg

H34Mrk0302_zpsc1f07c07.jpg

H34Mrk0301_zps974af748.jpg

• 1 month later...

VNAF O-2A built from the old 1/48 Testors 0-2A the kit I got in my stack was so old that the decal had turned yellow.

Towards the end of the Viet Nam war VNAF had 2 0-2A squadrons . Pictures of VNAF 0-2A are extremely rare . Though I am quite sure that Viet Nam flag would be painted on the vertical tails but it was left blank at this stage due to lack of reference.

VNAF02fp03a_zps2da4e020.jpg

O2AFP03_zps409b3f97.jpg

O2AOCT201302_zps12fee2b5.jpg

O2AOCT201303_zps84541159.jpg

Edited by C7A
  • 1 month later...

Outstanding modeling, especially your NMFs. Coupled with a well thought out scene using real life backgrounds and sky. Your low angle photographs help to create an illusion of realism. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Joel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Many thanks for your very kind words .

And sorry for late reply .

I totally agree!!!!These pictures give the illusion that they're photos of the real thing!!!!!!!!

Though I am vey tempted to claim credits but I must admit that most of the credits should go to my trusty Rebel Xti Canon . Most of the time I used full automatic mode .

WOW How did you do the almost removed "U.S. Airforce" on the side of the B-57?Those are some AWESOME builds

The faded out USAF marking on the B-57B was home made decal . To achieve the faded out effect I reduced the opaque of the lettering using a photoedit sofware to make it almost transparent .

Below is one of my more recent work : VNAF Flying Tiger 516 FS . The kit is 1/48 Monogram Skyraider with home made decals.

I apologize if I am posting to wrong forum, but I would like to keep my collection together here in this topic if that's ok.

VNAF516sykraider09_zps46dc74fe.jpg

Edited by C7A
  • 3 weeks later...

I totally agree!!!!

These pictures give the illusion that they're photos of the real thing!!!!!!!!

+1 more and I was in 'nam.....and it does rekindle some of the pleasant memories.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...