AJ37 Viggen "Attackviggen"

That is outstanding work! I've always wanted to try doing that camo paint scheme.

THanx 82Whitey51 :D

It´s not as hard as it looks :D

Very nice build. Makes me to get one to myself. :D/>

Thanx Yso :D

I´d wait for the Tarangus if I were you ;)

Fantastic build Janne! You are a patient builder..! I tip my hat.

During my stint in the SwAF we only loaded 2 quad launchers, and 8 bombs. Still, it was a tough job loading them. The launcher could be loaded by hand, by two mechs. The bombs were then loaded, one by one, with a manual winch. The bomb locks in the quad launcher was activated by a cordite load, and had to be cleaned after each mission... It was a mess!

Mostly though, the a/c was loaded with 2 quad launchers and one 15kg practice bomb in each launcher.

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:trolls:

Just..... WOW! :jaw-dropping:/>

Dave

Thanx Dave :D

Fantastic build Janne! You are a patient builder..! I tip my hat.

During my stint in the SwAF we only loaded 2 quad launchers, and 8 bombs. Still, it was a tough job loading them. The launcher could be loaded by hand, by two mechs. The bombs were then loaded, one by one, with a manual winch. The bomb locks in the quad launcher was activated by a cordite load, and had to be cleaned after each mission... It was a mess!

Mostly though, the a/c was loaded with 2 quad launchers and one 15kg practice bomb in each launcher.

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:trolls:/>

Thanx Jörgen :D

So they only had fun once in a while with a full load? At a manuever I was guarding a division of bomb trucks from F15 with their farming utensils right next to each plane, was impressive seeing them roll away with 4 quadlaunchers each fully loaded with 120kg bombs. This was at a road base at Färila I think, back in 1994..... those were the days :D

Fantastic! That is great work of a great plane. It'll be inspiration and I can't wait for the new 1/48 kit to come out.

Rodney

Thanx Rodney :D

Me either, I´ll be happy as a drunken penguin when I get to rip the plastic wrapping of that particular kit :D

Just a couple of words: absolutely sttunning! It,s all said.

I just hope to have a similar result with my two pending Viggens!

RGDS

Juan

Thanx mate :D

I bet you will....and then you have to do it all again in 1/48th scale :P

What superb plane and what a beautyful build Jan,surely one of your best!

I followed your WIP,not a simple task to marry well all the tons AM sets used!

I love the "F-100ish" cooked camo in the tail area and the perfectly balanced weathered aspect,great shot my friend! :thumbsup:

:cheers: Gianni.

What superb plane and what a beautyful build Jan,surely one of your best!

I followed your WIP,not a simple task to marry well all the tons AM sets used!

I love the "F-100ish" cooked camo in the tail area and the perfectly balanced weathered aspect,great shot my friend! :thumbsup:/>

:cheers:/> Gianni.

Thanx Gianni :D

Year, this build was a real female dog but i finally got it together

Thanx Rodney :D/>

Me either, I´ll be happy as a drunken penguin when I get to rip the plastic wrapping of that particular kit :D/>

Thanx mate :D/>

I bet you will....and then you have to do it all again in 1/48th scale :P/>

Thought 1/48 is not my scale I have at least 3 kits of such and I,m waiting to see the Tarangus release and it,s almost sure I will be aquiring a copy. A Viggen on that size must be impresive!

Juan

Thought 1/48 is not my scale I have at least 3 kits of such and I,m waiting to see the Tarangus release and it,s almost sure I will be aquiring a copy. A Viggen on that size must be impresive!

Juan

What would be impressive is a viggen in 1/32! But I suppose it would be greedy of me to ask for one :P

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of bonus pics....

I just love this posé, looks really big and intimidating from this view :D/>

DSC_4498_zpsb6be2d02.jpg

Same pic with a little camera flare just for the heck of it :D/>

flare_zps36ae452f.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore

SUPERB!! Can't really add to what has been already said about this Epic project of yours. Other than I did take a lot of notes, though a new kit is on the horizon, until then I have the Esci kit now and have slowly gathered the upgrades for it. Your kindness to take the time and answer questions on your build really was one of the highlights of it. Those questions were the same ones I had. For the love aviation all aspects I love my Navalair from WWII to present, yet, The Viggen is quite the jet, a piece of Swedish history. Again, SUBERB and Bravo

Chuck

Fly Navy

SUPERB!! Can't really add to what has been already said about this Epic project of yours. Other than I did take a lot of notes, though a new kit is on the horizon, until then I have the Esci kit now and have slowly gathered the upgrades for it. Your kindness to take the time and answer questions on your build really was one of the highlights of it. Those questions were the same ones I had. For the love aviation all aspects I love my Navalair from WWII to present, yet, The Viggen is quite the jet, a piece of Swedish history. Again, SUBERB and Bravo

Chuck

Fly Navy

Thanx Chuck :D

I try not to keep any secrets and I enjoy answering questions :D