LVM Studios Soyuz/Soyuy ST Launch pad release

Hi all,

I am happy to announce that we have started shipping of the pre-orders of our

Soyuz and Soyuz ST model kits and are accepting new orders.

r7_detail-500x500.jpg

More info on the Soyuz and Soyuz ST model kit please click below:

Soyuz Baikonur

Soyuz ST CSG

The assembly manual can be downloaded here

Enjoy!

Regards,

LVM Studios

www.facebook.com/lvmstudiosnl

http://store.lvm-studios.com

Awesome. :)

I hope there will be a 1/72 scale version for the Mach 2 kit. (They don't have a Soyuz launcher version yet,but eventually plan to make one) I do have a Mach 2 Luna R7 kit I've converted into Soyuz, but with no launch complex.

Awesome. :)/>

I hope there will be a 1/72 scale version for the Mach 2 kit. (They don't have a Soyuz launcher version yet,but eventually plan to make one) I do have a Mach 2 Luna R7 kit I've converted into Soyuz, but with no launch complex.

Thanks for your compliment!

We are considering a 1/72 version but it is not simply scaling up the current design. Check our website or facebook page for updates. For now I am concentrating myself on the sputnik and vostok versions of the pad and other new projects.

A few weeks ago I read a topic (not sure which one)about if LVM Studios could do a 1/144 shuttle launch pad. How many people would like such model kit and how much would you like to pay for it? Just a quick ballpark quotation but the salesprices would be somewhere around 750 USD? I am taking the oppertunity to do some market research now :whistle:

You could just make conversion parts to do that as the pads all look identical save for the vehicle access arms towers that went to the top of the rocket. The photos on your site showing the different pads show this.

Will the circular pad rotate?

Here is a cool vid about the launch pads. At 9:38 you see the entire complex rotating.

I've thought of scratchbuilding one,but I am stuck on how to glue the round rods together to make the main hold down arms.

I think I mentioned that in Manfreds MLP thread that LMV might bring out a Shuttle launch pad. Well while I think your work is awsome (got the Gemini set) one of the main problems is sure the price. I don't know if a launch pad for 750 $ would be too costly for the average enthusiast. What about a pad in 1/200 scale for the Hasegawa shuttle but I think even that would be expensive?

Anyway I think it's great that you actually produce such kits (like the Atlas launch tower) at all. If I may ask what are your plans for the future? Maybe a Gemini launch tower?

This calculated price is relatively high, but in the comparison with the prices of the LC39 Detail kits a price on 750 $ seems to me is not too high, if this is indeed the price of the complete Launch tower consisting of FSS and RSS. :coolio:

:wave:

• 2 weeks later...

What if you were to offer just the MLP with its details as a kit seperate from the complete RSS and FSS? I think that might sell as it would make a great display for a shuttle model.

As much as I would love to discplay my Revell Shuttle with the full LC39 complex $750 would be a prohibitive price for me.

Launch Complex Models used to offer an LC39 kit for around $800-$900.

Zach

Manfred I was just weighing my own thoughts on the price LVM had floated. You are probably right that if you follow the peicemeal prices fromt he details sets they already released then $750 is probably a logical spot to land it just happens to way to expensive for me at this time. That said it would be a beautiful peice of craftsmanship and I would celebrate its arrival on that basis alone.

I was just thinking that perhaps an MLP kit might be neat and perhaps in LVM's wheelhouse. They do beautiful work. I have their Gemini detail set and it is just great.

Since we are bouncing ideas around though the Energia Buran thread got me to thinking that with two Buran kits available in 1/144 would be feasible for LVM to look at doing the N1/Buran crawler in 1/144? I believe that the Buran used the crawler and launch comoplex that was originally intended to launch the N1 Moon rocket (correct me if I am wrong on that). So, if someone produced a crawler they could offer it for the Buran or the N1 of which Realspace also has a kit. That would make one heck of a model if you ask me!

Anyway that later part was just me dreaming.....

Zach

Interesting idea but I would think that the research for such a project would not be easy. Are there any good pictures or other references available? I am researching for another Russian project that want to tackle and getting decent material is very difficult. But a N1 or Energia launch tower would be great but probably also out of my reservation price.

Ralf