-lots if Tony running around sans armor

-Mandarin doesn't live up to his comic book counterpart

-Armed guards/goons running around mansion - a Hollywood cliche

-I like the Exremis plot line generally but the FX for that are so Hollywood

The Ugly:

- slow start, poor pacing

- terrorists and bombs not my favorite things for entertainment lately

-1999 Guy Pierce

Overall good movie but for me the weakest of the Iron Man films. I didn't walk out of this one screaming YEAH! Like the other ones. To be fair, Avengers set the bar pretty high.

Edited by toadwbg

03 05 2013

Not to mention the total joke they made of the Mandarin. One of Iron Man's classic villains turned into a joke. Loved the rest of it, especially the multi-armour mash-up at the end. Hope Avengers 2 rocks though and since there may be a different actor in the suit if Iron Man 4 rolls around, who do you think would fill Mr. Downey's shoes?

Liam

04 05 2013

True. I remember thinking that Billy Zane could have made a decent Tony Stark, the version with the pencil thin moustache. Today, though, I'm not so sure. He'd need to be suave, capable of comedy for the throw-away lines and 'young' enough to last potentially three Iron Man movies and a few Avengers cameos. That's a tall order for anyone.

No-one really jumps out.

And, when Pepper got wrapped in the armour, I half-hoped we'd see her in the Rescue suit from the more recent Iron Man comics. Maybe next time.

Liam

Out to see out a second time today with my son and 3 of his friends. Freind #1 got nausea (too much candy, too close to screen?). So we're sitting in the theater lobby....

Oddly enough, the 40 minutes I did get to watch this time I actually enjoyed more upon the second viewing. The ending was more satisfying more me.

Edited by toadwbg

05 05 2013

Funny that...the missus gets what she calls 'motion sickness' if she sits too close to the screen at a 3d movie. Action in the movies where the camera whips around a bit or jump-cuts make her dizzy. Takes her a bit to recover.

My nephew just up-chucks. Like in Cap when Cap was duking it out with the Skull. Not good. :(

Liam

05 05 2013

Funny that...the missus gets what she calls 'motion sickness' if she sits too close to the screen at a 3d movie. Action in the movies where the camera whips around a bit or jump-cuts make her dizzy. L

I've always been very resistant to motion sickness and nausea in general, but I even noted the previews were a bit too much when sitting so close to the screen. The clips/editing happen so fast it really messes with your eyes.

Oh yeah, previews for "The Wolverine", Thor 2, and "Star Trek 2" all looked exciting. The preview for Fast & Furious 6 was one of those edited/scene clipped waaaaay to fast.

Edited by toadwbg