MH-6M Little Bird Conversion

Oh my! Great job on the planks and fast rope frame.

How about a really unique final touch - come up with the sugar scope IR exhaust shield?

Looking forward to this set (and to the AH-6 mods).

BTW - maybe I missed it but where you planning on including a FLIR?

Im not familiar with the sugar scoop exhaust on a MH-6 is it like the exhaust fitted to UH-1s. If you have any pictures we would look at making one up.

The rest of the lumps and bumps including numerous boxes fitted to the belly as welol as the FLIR will be test fitted and photographed this weekend, so watch this space.

The exhausts diverters can be seen on the MH-6C aircraft in the pinned thread above.

Chris M

I was actually referring to the very rarely seen diverter that is attached to the exhaust of more recent Littlebirds. It's similar to a scoop, only it deflects the exhaust downwards. It is used in conjunction with a large intake on the upper left side of the fuselage.

There was a thread on this forum that had some mediocre quality pictures of this device, mostly taken (if I remember correctly) on Littlebirds deployed in Somalia, however the search function here sucks and I wasn't able to locate it.

My request was a bit tongue in cheek since I doubt there is enough public information out there to replicate this. Still would make for a cool looking helo if one ever gets released.

I was actually referring to the very rarely seen diverter that is attached to the exhaust of more recent Littlebirds. It's similar to a scoop, only it deflects the exhaust downwards. It is used in conjunction with a large intake on the upper left side of the fuselage.

There was a thread on this forum that had some mediocre quality pictures of this device, mostly taken (if I remember correctly) on Littlebirds deployed in Somalia, however the search function here sucks and I wasn't able to locate it.

My request was a bit tongue in cheek since I doubt there is enough public information out there to replicate this. Still would make for a cool looking helo if one ever gets released.

Ah, that one is rarely seen. Probably because it was rarely used.....but I wouldn't be surprised if someone does have some decent photos of it and they'll get posted here.

Chris M

Edited by Chief Snake
  • 4 weeks later...

We have the first dozen or so ready to go, just finishing off the instructions.

IMG_9850_zps62569f68.jpg

Working on the AH-6M kit now. The rocket pods will have a choice of empty or a selection of Hydra 70 rocket types.

IMG_9845_zps7f2842f8.jpg

As well as detailed M134s and GAU19

IMG_9848_zps2fdc794d.jpg

IMG_9846_zps29a39051.jpg

We have the first dozen or so ready to go, just finishing off the instructions.

As well as detailed M134s and GAU19

IMG_9848_zps2fdc794d.jpg

IMG_9846_zps29a39051.jpg

Interesting. I wasn't sure what you were going to do with regard to the miniguns. Another aftermarket guy opted to go with Live Resin's M134 in lieu of casting his own. Looking forward to seeing how yours compares to LR's. So far, your weapons look stunning.

Not sure if you mentioned it earlier but any idea on pricing for these kits?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...