Pete, I'm sitting outside waiting for you to drive by and pick me up! laugh.gif

Gil, when you do make it to the exhibit don't forget to take some nice pictures and post them here.

Mike.

I will take plenty of pics when I actually get to see the shuttle exhibit. Unfortunately, it will have to wait until next time as it won't be open for this visit!

Hi all together,

here are some great photos from the Atlantis exhibition by Ben Cooper to see, and here ever a small selection ...

To first of all of course the huge ET/SRB stack at the entrance, finally in full size. shocked.gif

Atlantis_museum_5.jpg

Atlantis_museum_3.jpg

Atlantis_museum_10.jpg

Atlantis_museum7.jpg

And next Saturday, it is so far ... :thumbsup:

P.S.: In addition, there are also a variety of interesting galleries on its website to Space Shuttle & Rocket Launches. :coolio:

:wave:

Edited by spaceman

Ok, guys.  I went down to KSC on Tuesday.  The Atlantis exhibit is open for sneak peaks.  They are doing dry runs of the presentation to make sure everything works like it is supposed to.  Some peripheral exhibits are not yet ready.  I was able to take some photos.  Some are good.  Some not so good.  I am still learning how to use my SLR camera.<br><br>In any case, for better and worse, here is a link to my <a href="http://imageshack.us/g/1/10214757/">KSC Atlantis Gallery</a>

Edited by DutyCat

Ok, guys. I went down to KSC on Tuesday. The Atlantis exhibit is open for sneak peaks. They are doing dry runs of the presentation to make sure everything works like it is supposed to. Some peripheral exhibits are not yet ready. I was able to take some photos. Some are good. Some not so good. I am still learning how to use my SLR camera.

In any case, for better and worse, here is a link to my KSC Atlantis Gallery.

Hey, when I follow this link it brings me to a log in page and not your album. Is it possible you posted the link wrong? Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Bill

Ok, guys. I went down to KSC on Tuesday. The Atlantis exhibit is open for sneak peaks. They are doing dry runs of the presentation to make sure everything works like it is supposed to. Some peripheral exhibits are not yet ready. I was able to take some photos. Some are good. Some not so good. I am still learning how to use my SLR camera.

In any case, for better and worse, here is a link to my KSC Atlantis Gallery.

Thanks Gil for the great pics, nice to see, especially from the TPS. :worship:

See if this works. I don't have much experience with imageshack, so there is a learning curve it seems. If this doesn't work, I will have to figure something else out. You should not have to have an account to see photos.

KSC Atlantis Gallery

Edited by DutyCat

So, the longest time took it now, it's all finished, and the stage at the entrance is complete! :thumbsup:

py6r.jpg 28.06.13, 12:10

Nice weather was at least yesterday also already on order, missing only the red carpet at the entrance. :coolio:

8ue1.jpg

Source: NASA/Jim Grossmann

And today, the opening of a grand exhibition will happen now, that will surely delight many people! :woo:

Enjoy and have fun ... :banana:

And then it finally happened, and the opening ceremony could begin. :coolio:

Here are a few shots resulting from the video below, from the stage with the placings for selected Shuttle astronauts right and left of the lectern

c9c7.jpg

to gradually fill,

0njc.jpg

7tyx.jpg

lzb3.jpg

up to the symbolic countdown from T-10 to the simulated ignition of the booster rockets at the push of a button for the opening of the exhibition. :thumbsup:

lo7o.jpg

And here is the complete

of the opening ceremony. (Source: NASAtelevision)

More than 40 astronauts, including crew members from each of Atlantis' 33 flights, from STS-51J (1985) up to the last mission STS-135 (2011) give a thumbs up to the display of the retired shuttle following the exhibit's opening ceremony. :thumbsup:

7a2o.jpg

Source: www.collectspace.com