1:48 300-gallon drop tank information needed

Hi!

As the topic says I am looking for information (dimensions or a scale-drawing) on the 300-gallon long ferry drop tank which was used on P-38 and others (?) to either scatchbuild one in 1:48 or information where I can get a 1:48 scale drop tank (either as an aftermarket item or from a kit). My initial idea was to use a 1:32 scale P-38 150-gallon drop tank but I think it looks not quite right. AFAIK the 300-gallon drop tank was also used for the "belly tank racers". I need it for a P-47M racer ("Reynolds Bombshell").

Thanks!

Edit: I may be wrong that the P-38 used 300 gal tanks and just read that the F-82 used them. Maybe "Mary Joe" on her record flight? If so: The Minicraft kit should have the right tanks included. Does anyone know if the tanks in this kit are OK?

Edited by Caerbannog

Hi!

As the topic says I am looking for information (dimensions or a scale-drawing) on the 300-gallon long ferry drop tank which was used on P-38 and others (?) to either scatchbuild one in 1:48 or information where I can get a 1:48 scale drop tank (either as an aftermarket item or from a kit). My initial idea was to use a 1:32 scale P-38 150-gallon drop tank but I think it looks not quite right. AFAIK the 300-gallon drop tank was also used for the "belly tank racers". I need it for a P-47M racer ("Reynolds Bombshell").

Thanks!

Edit: I may be wrong that the P-38 used 300 gal tanks and just read that the F-82 used them. Maybe "Mary Joe" on her record flight? If so: The Minicraft kit should have the right tanks included. Does anyone know if the tanks in this kit are OK?

300 gal. drop tanks were also cleared for use on P-61s/F-15A Reporters. If they were used operationally or not, I'm not positive on that. I believe the F-15A Reporters did use them.

Cheers, Terry

• 2 weeks later...