Time for a rant.....Harbor Freight...YOU $UCK!!

Ok, does anyone else think this? I bought a compressor from them about 6-7 months ago with the warranty. It started getting VERY loud and taking forever filling the tank. The Morons on the support line tries to tell me it is still working so, the warranty does not fit this issue. ok, it takes 20 minutes of loud annoying noise to fill to 100 PSI, the when it drops to it's kick off at 85, it takes 10-15 minutes to shut back off at 100??!! That is normal operation?

The store got involved where I bought it, raised cane and I got another. Filled it Sunday and loved the hum, it worked fine. Dumped the air on Sunday, then today, it started to get to around 60 psi, and it makes a wierd noise, starts walking across the floor and after 10 minutes hasnt gone past 80 psi....WHAT???!!!!

What a piece of junk!!

Going back to the store...they know me really well, and see if I can just get the money back. I just want a stupid compressor with a tank, that can freaking let me airbrush my planes!!

RANT OFF.....

-Jim

I couldn't disagree more. I've used the compressor with 3 gallon pancake tank for close to 5 years without any problems at all and couldn't be happier with it. I also use a belt sander, plunge bit router and several other tools that have come from HF and love em.

Sorry to hear you had some bad luck with them.

Jim,

Not sure what you paid for your Chinesium compressor, but I used to use one of these with GREAT success, pretty quiet and did what it was supposed to do, and are often found on sale for $100. When I shop at HF, I only buy stuff that won't p!ss me off when it breaks before you expected it to, that said, I stay away from any power tools I want to last a long time. Not saying you can't get a good power tool there, but I'd rather take my chances elsewhere, unless I want a disposable.

Good luck. Of course if things don't go you're way, you could always do what this lady did

Edited by blunce

Yeah I haven't had much luck from the stuff from harbor freight tools either. Even the pop rivets and zip ties are cheap and break way too easy. I personally think that place should renamed "Cheap Chinese Crap That Might Last One Use Store" but thats just me, :lol:/> .

Edited by The Dude

The employees at the store know my plight. They have been very helpful. I have a pancake one now instead of the hot dog one and they say that one seems to be more reliable. It is very quiet. Im hoping....

-Jim

• 4 weeks later...

My initial thought was that, "You get what you pay for." My second thought was that, "Most of what we get now comes from China, or, if you're lucky, Thailand, so it all has the potential for being crap."

Which led me to ponder whether paying premium prices is likely to get you a premium product. I once researched ice cream makers and decided that, until you hit about the $700 price mark, they all had a significant number of reviews indicating that a significant fraction of them didn't perform. Similarly, I just replaced two Dremels due to battery failure. New battery packs cost about as much as a new tool and the reviews indicate that battery performance is poor across the entire range of rotary tools. So, I'm not surprised by a compressor that doesn't perform.

My experience with Harbor Freight has been quite satisfactory, but I've never bought power tools or any item over about $20.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...