TCP global /Airbrush depot

Just like to give these guys a shout out. I've suggested their compressors to a few different people, as I've had mine (tc-20) for over a year and it's been a workhorse. Well, last week Iwas helping a friend do a camo scheme and I noticed that the compressor wouldn't shut off automatically when it filled up. Just kept running. I figured it was hot so I shut it down for a bit. Came back later and it was still doing it so I figured I'd just wore it out. I can't complain however, as I've built and painted 30 models with it this past year. I was going to wait until I finished an upcoming build before I spent the 80 bucks to replace it, but saw today that there's a two year warranty on it. The warranty info said that all you pay is half the shipping to send the old one in which I feel is fair. Called them to set it up and the guy told me that they'd place my replacement in the mail and that I could keep my old one for spare parts. No charge at all to me, and my new one should be here in three days from California. Great product, great warranty, and great customer service. If I haven't said it already.... Keep 100 bucks in your pocket and go with their compressors.

That's awesome to hear. I have the TC-20T compressor and it has been great so far. I picked it since it is so quite and we live in an upstairs unit of a triplex.

Edited by nerdling

This is great news to hear. I have an airbrush from TCP's Master Series and have so far been satisfied with its performance and the ease of ordering parts from TCP.

I have been thinking about getting a purpose build compressor instead of using my generic air tool one. Especially if the TC-20 is more quiet.

Denis

Got to agree on this one i have a TC-828 and it works great the only thing is that the no return valve leaks all the time TCP sent me like 5 spares free and i change them once in a while. i think its due to the white grease that in the pipes. the only side effect is that the tank get empty if the compressor is off no biggy

Although there phone support is amazing there email support for purchase question is another story. i had asked a quote for shipping took them 2 weeks to answer with a ridiculous price(85$). Browsing ebay i noticed they have an ebayStore and charged 20$ for shipping got it in 6days to canada.!

Count me in this group, I ordered a regulator so I could get more specific psi, the first one leaked and was faulty, same story I asked them for an RMA to ship the old one they said keep it, and do with it as I wished, and the new one got here two days later.

Hadn't updated anyone lately, but i did receive a box from them the other day. I left it for the afternoon, and eventually got around to opening it. I didn't even notice until I fully opened the box and went to remove the compressor that I was now staring at the TC-20T, instead of a replacement for my regular ol' TC-20. So not only did they grant the warranty, and not require anything to send anything back, but they upgraded me for free.

That aside, this story does have a bit of a dark side to it. Upon opening the new compressor, I saw that I was going to have to remove my old 3/8" coupling that was required on my old regulator in order to be able to use my Badger hose. I'm thinking "no big deal".

...I was wrong.

I initially tried to pull the factory coupling out, and to my surprise it wasn't budging. Okay, I reach for some socket wrenches, and give it a go. Absolutely nothing. Finally, I'm thinking that I've broke something, or it's a reverse threaded bolt, or SOMETHING. I call technical support to make sure I"m not about to strip anything out, and they told me that although they don't use lock-tite, that they do use an adhesive glue to seat the coupling to prevent leaks.

My only concern with that, is that with the wide variety of hoses and setups out there, why would they attempt to permanently install anything into a piece like that??? He suggested getting a heat gun, and trying to heat it up, and remove it. I asked him if a hair dryer would work, and he said I could try it, but that he wasn't sure it would do the trick. I lit up the wifes hair dryer, and held it in place until I couldn't stand the surrounding temperature anymore, and then tried again to bust it loose. I wound up nearly scalding my hand from pressing down so hard on the metal part of the regulator, and trying to break it free. Nothing....

Well, except for the fact that the moisture traps plastic screw in filter holder had snapped in half at the insert.

I then had to rob parts from my old regulator to try and remedy that, which worked.

At this point, I figured I'd just wait and bring it in here to work, and see if I can put some 5'th generation magic on it.

I wound up having to put it in a vice, and applying 440 degree heat for four minutes from an industrial heat gun. Using a pair of tightly locked vice grips, and nearly rounding the entire bolt, I finally managed to get the thing out.

Worked the other one back in where it should be, and was happy to have it done. Got home yesterday morning, and inserted it long enough to do a quick pressure check. Turned it on, and heard a hissing sound, and noticed that zero pressure was building up. I detected that the leak was coming from where the new coupling was. I pulled it off, wrapped it in teflon, and then attempted to put it back in. The regulator face was offset about 30 degrees, so I attempted to tighten it enough to bring it back around on top.......it snapped.

Raging mad now, I grabbed a hammer, and attempted to hammer out the broke off piece of the coupling that was still stuck in the housing. Got that removed, and now faced the challenge of getting the broken insert out of the back end of the regulator. After nearly destroying the palms of my hands trying to break it free 1/4 inch at a time, I finally managed to get it off.

Took the old insert from the old regulator, and tried it in the compressor housing. Worked!! Now all I had to do was get the regulator to screw into that. Sadly, the insert was too short, and the pressure gauge was rubbing against the side. In a fit of rage, I pulled the whole damn thing off, proceeded to walk out to my back patio, and throw it at roughly mach two into the pavement.

Should have a new one here in a few days.