Yes it's true, I have cancer....

I know what did it... somehow you took a trip to California and all those chemicals known to cause cancer in California (which we use to build models) is what did it to you. Right? ;)

Sorry, sometimes levity can be the best medicine. I know you'll fight through this. Positive mental attitude through all phases of treatment is what helps keep one going. I'll be praying for you ole buddy!

I actually just found out my father also has Prostate cancer. I am thankful that the VA found it before it could become deadly. I have heard and read numerous stories that have all come out with very positive results. We still need to have other tests to ensure that the cancer hasn't spread anywhere else so we are not out of the woods yet. But we are very hopeful. Cancer seems to run rampant in my family so we were kind of expecting it but it is still a shock when you hear the results. Terry I hope for you a quick and painless recovery so you can get back to doing what you love. If anyone has any advice as to what a son can do for his father in a time like this It would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE... Done with my initial 2 hour! visit with the Oncologist.... Not such good news I guess. Cancer is aggressive... Staged at T2C (High Risk). Going to have to have a shot of a hormone blocker every 4 weeks in addition to the one I take once a day. Getting a port surgically installed to get the chemo infused intravenously. At least six cycles of chemo...one every 21 days for 6 cycles. Then surgery to remove it... Testosterone blocking for 2-3 years... Damn.. Oh well...have to be pragmatic about this and just do it. Having zero testosterone is going to make workouts a lot tougher he said..... And just when I was getting into good shape! 50-50 on whether or not I'll lose my hair... Maybe when it comes back it'll come in darker??? One can hope...

UPDATE... Done with my initial 2 hour! visit with the Oncologist.... Not such good news I guess. Cancer is aggressive... Staged at T2C (High Risk). Going to have to have a shot of a hormone blocker every 4 weeks in addition to the one I take once a day. Getting a port surgically installed to get the chemo infused intravenously. At least six cycles of chemo...one every 21 days for 6 cycles. Then surgery to remove it... Testosterone blocking for 2-3 years... Damn.. Oh well...have to be pragmatic about this and just do it. Having zero testosterone is going to make workouts a lot tougher he said..... And just when I was getting into good shape! 50-50 on whether or not I'll lose my hair... Maybe when it comes back it'll come in darker??? One can hope...

Hello Terry,

I am so sorry to hear your update/news.. I have been saying prayers for you and all those in need of prayers ..

I know it will be extremely hard but keep strong and have that solid faith that I know you will have.as TT said you are in far better shape now than a little while back...

Sometimes you wont feel like being positive but keep going and hope that the strenuous therapy/medication begins to work ...

you have come through many a dilemma and I know you can beat this. Best wishes... :salute:

as for losing your hair....I can always rename you Kojak.. :whistle:

Terry I wish you a good outcome. Be positive. Up here in New Hampshire the Concord Hospital Payson Center has a prostate cancer support group. I have only attended one meeting. It was informative and there is a lot of support. It's for spouses also if your married. Really worth checking if there is one in your area.

Praying for you.

Jim