Well,

In just over a month I will be leaving Bagotville for a 3 year posting to McChord AFB. Specifically I will be living in Lacey, WA.

While I will miss the roar of Hornets launching everyday, I look forward to living in an area that has a better selection of model shops AND an IPMS chapter. :woot.gif:

And of course I will miss friends that I have met here like ALF18. :crying:

Denis

Edited by EX_Birdgunner

Denis

I'll miss you too, buddy! I also envy you going to the more-temperate West Coast. Brings back fond memories of living in Comox. See you tomorrow.

ALF

Girlfriend says to me, "Honey, I want you to kiss me where it stinks!"...so, I took her to Tacoma! lol, the paper mills.

Tacoma's pretty nice, used to fly into McCord a bunch back when I was in TACAMO E-6s. I think "American Eagles" (?) hobby shop is gone now but back in the 90s it was an awesome shop.

Edited by 82Whitey51

I lived in Lacey for about a year. It is actually a pretty nice place. There are several nice hobby shops in the area. Fairly close to Seattle also, which makes it nice.

Welcome to the quiet and overlooked State of Washington!

Hope you enjoy parking lot traffic. I grew up next to Lacey. There are a few modelers in the area, no active clubs in the immediate area to my knowledge. A smattering of hobby shops I haven't been to that I need to check in on during one of my trips to the west side. The sounds of C-17s is pretty impressive in an of themselves, but if you get desperate, you can always take a trip up to Whidbey and get your Hornet fix!

We have lots of modelers here!! Three IPMS Chapters in the vicinity (IPMS Tacoma, IPMS Seattle, & Puget Sound Auto Modelers). And even though you'll be in Lacey, a worthwhile trip up I-5 about 30 miles and you'll find Skyway Model Shop in South Seattle. And there are others...

PLUS: all the museums in the region - some of which fly their airplanes a lot!

Hope to meet you soon!

Terry

Edited by braincells37

Ya, IPMS Tacoma and the Skyway Model Shop are two things I already put on the top of my list to check out. Plus the museums I know about. Being a huge NAVAIR/Carrier fan I also hope to check out Whitby and hopefuly one of the Aircraft Carriers based nearby.

My family and I are really looking forward to living there.

Denis