Topic: Amodel 1:72 Energia with Buran shuttle model kit

To me, 699 euros is a bit excessive. But I am going to look into trying to get one of these kits as I've wanted to do a Buran Energia in 1/72 for some time as a compliment to my 1/72 Monogram shuttle stacks. Plus, I was planning to get one of the A-Model Buran Analogs in 1/72 anyway to convert into a flight orbiter, but those all seem to have dried up. At least by going with this kit, I don't need to worry about having to scratchbuild the whole Energia carrier rocket (which I was fully prepared to do if I got a Buran Analog).

Attention please Guys,

who quickly ordered up to the date of the publication (June/July) needs to pay only the presale price: € 499,99 then: € 549,50,

ANDROMEDA24.DE

The price certainly is not low, :woot.gif: but this stack is an absolute dream in 1:72 with a height of approx. 80 cm. :yahoo:

:wave:

Edited by spaceman

It would work better at 50% - 67% gets you 1/107.46, which probably matches at least one Revell kit from the fifties.

Howard (being picky)

I admit math and I have never been friends, but if you print a 1/96 model at 50 percent you'd get a 1/192 model according to my calculation. To get 67 percent, I simply divided 96 by 144 to get a percentage. At least that's the way I've always figured upscales/downscales*.

* (An old Britsih scale modeling show? :rolleyes:/>/> )

:coolio:/>/> Les (The Voice of Authority)

Edited by umtutsut

Now if you were talking about the 1/96 card model I would agree with you......which you were.

I thought hacker was talking about the original topic.

Serves me right for spending too much time on the Shapeways site, where printing parts has a different meaning.

Sorry.

What can I say other than Grail kit for me. I have the Atlant/Buran combo kit and what is in that kit makes me want this more!

The Hobby Terra site lists the Buran Analogue kit as $176 US and I can't see the stand alone Buran orbiter as being much away from that price as it would have a similar parts count and the basic molding is the same. THAT was listed a week after the Energya Buran stack.

I can see the stack being around 2-3 times the price as the external tank and strap on boosters would probably be mostly fibreglas moldings like the Buran airframe, but for the chance to finally have this in 1/72 I am starting saving now.....plus if I read the HobbyTerra shipping details right it would be free shipping over the $250 mark.

Has anyone used HobbyTerra before and can speak for their reliability?

Cheers

Tony

I enquired with HobbyTerra and they are saying that the Energya/Buran stack and the seperate Buran orbiter are due in stock in June. I am certainly going to try to get both of those kits but am just glad they are available. Some online searching shows HobbyTerra to have a pretty good reputation with regards to reliability and shipping, so I will try them unless Linden Hill come up with better pricing or availability.

Just need Amodel to do a 1/72 scale Polyus now! :woot.gif:

Cheers

Tony

HobbyTerra are fine, but i have often found them to be overpriced. I would have waited to see pricing at other shops.

For example. BTS-02 and VM-T + Buran cost 176 and 190 respectivly at HT.

Here, 126(!)/172:

http://www.hobby.dn.ua/advanced_search_result.php?currency=USD&search_in_description=1&keywords=Buran&x=0&y=0

Free shipping at that site if you order for 300 +. At Armory it is 130/176.5, with free shipping:

http://armory.in.ua/advanced_search_result.php?currency=USD&search_in_description=1&keywords=Buran&x=0&y=0&sort=3a

I have ordered from hobby.dn.ua and Armory. Yes, they are not at stock at armory but fire them an email and they can get it in stock. That is what i did with Amodel's M-50.

PS: Energiya + Polus would be awesome to see! I really hope someone will do 1/144 Buran/Energiya/Polus, non resin that is.

Edited by Berkut

WOW. I would love to have that thing but price is really prohibitive. And being A-model this will not be a cake walk kit. :)

More than anything I would like to model the Energia Buran stack on its rail crawler as in this image:

Energia/Buran stack on crawler

I have considered getting the Anigrand Buran and Energia in 1/144 scale and then scrathbuilding the crawler. I think N scale rail cars might be a good place to start but the difference between N Scale and 1/144 might be too great. Also the interwebs are not overly forthcoming with photos of the Buran crawler but I can dream.

Zach

Zach, that is a great idea and one I have toyed with as well. I have the Anigrand kits and though they have some small errors overall they are pretty good representations of the Energya launcher and the various Buran iterations. Added bonus is they do a pretty fair 1/144 Polyus as well. There is quite a few good high resolution images of the transporter in the image archives at http://www.buran.ru/images/ .

Problem is very few are actually labelled with anything usefull so it took me months on a slow dial-up connection while working in the Middle East to cull a lot of detail images from the site.

Take the time and there are some real gems there.

pole6.jpg

Cheers

Tony

Edited by spellbinder99

Hi Guys,

here at Real Space Models you can order the 1:144 Resin Kit for $ 125,00. :coolio:/>/>

:wave:/>/>

Shame the quality of both the casting and details are so-so. Atleast from what i have seen. If it was better i would be all over it.

Edited by Berkut

I think the realspace kit is the old Rho Models kit and it looks a little more complex than the Anigrand kit. I am not sure which one is more accurate but to my eye the Anigrand kit looks like the way to go for a 1/144 Energia Buran stack and they also offer a Polyus if you prefer to an Energia Polyus stack. They come out ot be a little more expensive but not prohibitively so.

LINKS:

Anigrand Energia Booster

Anigrand Buran Orbiter

Anigrand Polyus

Zach

I think the realspace kit is the old Rho Models kit and it looks a little more complex than the Anigrand kit. I am not sure which one is more accurate but to my eye the Anigrand kit looks like the way to go for a 1/144 Energia Buran stack and they also offer a Polyus if you prefer to an Energia Polyus stack. They come out ot be a little more expensive but not prohibitively so.

LINKS:

Anigrand Energia Booster

Anigrand Buran Orbiter

Anigrand Polyus

Zach

Thanks, i have seen them. I have discussed with someone the Anigrand offerings and seems they are the way to go, even tho they cost a bit more. Still, wish there was an injection kit...

Thanks, i have seen them. I have discussed with someone the Anigrand offerings and seems they are the way to go, even tho they cost a bit more. Still, wish there was an injection kit...

You and me both brother!

I was plugging LVM over in the other thread to do a Buran/Energia crawler. I can dream....

Zach

As I understand it the old Rho Models Energya/Buran stack is pretty accurate shape wise, but remember that before re-releasing it RealSpace cleaned up the masters. I cannot attest to how they are in person as I only have the Anigrand releases.

There are the usual caveats with the Anigrand stuff, some silly errors and the need to check the kit when you get it for mold defects and warpage. I had to return a set of Buran fuselage halves due to warpage and get a set of new Energya core halves as one side had shrunk more than the other, but that was from an Energya, two Buran Orbiters, a Buran analogue and a Polyus. The most noticeable error was the escape hatch is engraved on both sides rather than just on the left side. The Polyus also needs to have several molded on vents and such removed from the side closest to the Energya as perusal of reference pictures shows it is not symmetrical and Anigrand mold the two main halves as identical pieces.

I have to admit I do have a soft spot for the Polyus, I mean it is such a Death Star looking spaceship painted matt black with silver and chrome trims!

Cheers

Tony