For my next build, I started a Fujimi 1/72 A-7D. Very nice kit, which I bought recently from Cpoud117. I will be using some Airdoc decals to get a Pennsylvania ANG plane.

This is after day 1.

P5122316_zps9b123ead.jpg

Edited by Pete

So empty MER's or inert Mavericks in the end? :)/>

It's gonna be a surprise :D

By now, I have glued the fuselage and intake bits together, and filled and sanded some seams.

P5202343_zps3418c7d6.jpg

Also, I sprayed the intake white, and then the forward portion dark grey:

P5202346_zps1a4c9cf1.jpg

P5202345_zps48f8924f.jpg

And since the pylons will all be dark grey too, I painted them as well:

P5202347_zpsd88ed09e.jpg

Fueltanks have been glued together and sanded too:

P5202344_zps1b766dfe.jpg

Next up, flatcoat in the intake, and glue it on. Filling and sanding more seams after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a few of these Fujimi kits lined up also. Looks like they will be joining the lineup of putty monsters I've built.

Maybe I'm not as picky, but that hardly meets my definition of "putty monster". Having built a few of the Fujimi SLUFs in the past, the overall fit was pretty good in my experience.

Oh yeah, fit overall is pretty good. I only screwed up on the intake bits. There's quite a big step on the left side between the intake and the fuselage. I fear I will have to take it apart and rebuild it. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Started painting it. I'm using Xtracolor paints on this, which are glossy, and take a rather long time to dry. But I won't need to do a glosscoat before the decals.

P6232488_zps30220a6a.jpg

Xtracolor paints are like nothing else I use, so I can't really compare them to anything. They are lacquer based, so I thin them with regular thinner from the hardware store. Not really healthy, but they have some colors I can't get elsewhere. These tins that I have are a couple years old now, and I've heard that they had some bad batches recently when they had it produced in India. I believe they pulled production back to England after complaints.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the GB might be done, the Corsair isn't. Got the green paint on now. Only have to do a few touch ups and get rid of some overspray, repaint the wheelbays, repaint the nosecone, and then I can start with the decals.

P7112816_zpsacd85738.jpg

• 3 weeks later...