I'd really like to make an ambulance model of one I work in. does anyone know of an ambulance kit that would be a good start? I want to make one with a ford cab and crestline box. I have had trouble finding an ambulance kit, let alone a specific one, so if anyone has ideas as to where to start If I make it from scratch. I have yet toscratch build anything and this would be a great experience to learn

Thanks, Dave

I'd really like to make an ambulance model of one I work in. does anyone know of an ambulance kit that would be a good start? I want to make one with a ford cab and crestline box. I have had trouble finding an ambulance kit, let alone a specific one, so if anyone has ideas as to where to start If I make it from scratch. I have yet toscratch build anything and this would be a great experience to learn

Thanks, Dave

i am a first time scratch builder, i did a 1/32 scale scania fire truck of the nz fire service, all i can say for advice is take heaps of photos of the subject you are modelling off from all angles etc it depends on how detailed you want to go.

the other piece of advice is if you think you can with a bit of patients ( lol scuse the pun ) and some tender loving care and attention it can be achieved.

just remember to measure twice and cut once other wise the wallet will get hurt also.

good idea for a project though i would like to add a ambulance to the diorama that i have nearly finished.

good luck, all the best

craig

Hi Dave,

Is this the kind of thing you're after?

http://www.ipmsusa3.org/reviews/Kits/First_Looks/ssb_24_fdny-ambulance/ssb_24_fdny-ambulance.htm

It may need some modifying but will be a lot easier than starting from scratch.

Also there are hundreds of accessories available to fill it up with if you wanted to have the doors open, have a look here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=model+ambulance+accessories&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=model+ambulance+parts&_sacat=0

Hope it helps

Dean

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...