• 1 month later...

Hello guys

Thank you very much for your comments!

Progress has been made although it is not as big as I hoped. Time was limited last weeks. But I hope I can show you some pictures soon. And thanks a lot for the kind words, it helps a lot to stay focused and go on even progress is not as continuos as hoped.

Best regards Rob

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

...no this thread is not dead! :D I made some progress rescribing the penal lines. In the past I hated to do that and it never turned out nice but thanks to my new micro milling machine mf 70 from proxxon I was able to develop a new technique. I take some dimotape and mill-cut out the exact templates I need. After that I can stick the dimotape on the fuselage and it will not move at all during rescribing.

Etendard32_zpsc3364ef3.jpg

I also painted the cockpit and I am now almost able to glue the two parts of the fuselage together. I am not 100% satisfied with the result of the cockpit. I probably overdid the drybrushing a little bit. I will try to correct that later. My camera is unfortunatly also limited, therefore I had to take the cockpit pictures threw a magnifying glass. I wasent able to take better pictures, sorry for that.

Etendard33_zpse1f942ed.jpg

Etendard35_zpse0573273.jpg

Etendard34_zpsd9d299ad.jpg

I hope and I think I can update more regularly during the next weeks.

Rob

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I worked on the tail recently. The progress I made is as followed...

Etendard36_zps65e378a3.jpg

That's in the box of the Academy kit.

Etendard37_zpse422a5e2.jpg

To represent the gap I cut out a rectangle. To be honest I think I wouldn't do it again. The gap is very small and to recreate it is quite a pain in the a... But now I have to go that road to the end.

Etendard38_zps1935a2f5.jpg

Etendard39_zps5374a9ea.jpg

Pictures of the horizontal stabilizer.

Etendard41_zps6462a90b.jpg

Etendard40_zps16a68746.jpg

What you can see on these last two pictures are what is intended to be once the two antennas and what once was a sparrow rocket from the Academy F/A-18C kit. The rectangle will be fitted in the rectangle I cut out from the tail.

Etendard42_zps61a46008.jpg

Etendard43_zps6d4f90d9.jpg

I whish you guys happy modeling!

Rob

Edited by 72scaler
  • 1 month later...
Wow super work in such a small scale! I'm scared of 1/72 scale personally haha. Really great job man, I especially love the detail work in the cockpit. Very solid

Thank you for your kind words linus. But in my eyes a small scale is not scary at all. On the contrary the bigger scale makes a lot more details accessible.

I'am here today to present you the progress I made working on the tail of the SEM. And I was finally able to glue the fuselage parts together :yahoo:/>

Etendard44_zpsd95543f0.jpg

Etendard45_zps29cceeb2.jpg

Etendard46_zpse418e034.jpg

Etendard47_zps20bcf87d.jpg

Etendard48_zpsa66c69a8.jpg

Etendard49_zps5b23476f.jpg

Etendard50_zpscbd24451.jpg

best regards Rob

Edited by 72scaler
  • 2 months later...
Wow,

that is strating to look like an Etendard.

I love the corrections on the fin.

Superb.

Regards,Laz

Thank you very much for your encouragement Laz. I really appreciate you like my efforts.

Hello guys,

due lack of time I was unfortunately not able to achieve progress in recent weeks. In the near future I will travel a few weeks in south america therefore there will not be much progress as well. But I could need some help from you guys anyway, as an extensive internet research not provided the results I was hoping for. To detail the cockpit I was looking especially for some more pictures of this area: My link My link

Supplementary the webpage heavy plastic is unfortunately not online anymore. :bandhead2:/> Any good reference pictures of the Super Etendard would be very welcome. Currently I work mainly with those two links: Prime Portal master194

Or did anyone own the 1/48 Heller Super Etendard Kit, the Afghanistan version? I saw, that this one comes with a booklet whit some reference pictures.

• 2 months later...

Hello Guys,

with a long period behind me, where I was not able to go on with this project I'm back with a small update. Sometimes I think this "in progress thread" is the only reason i'm still into this built. Anyway I completed the front landing gear and glued the parts together. Next will be to paint it. It turns out a bit to high but I have to let it be like that to change it would be ridiculously complicated. I hope it will not be to obvious once installed (fingers crossed)! :pray:/>

Etendard51_zps53d4e986.jpg

Etendard52_zpsc0614280.jpg

Etendard53_zps19c47058.jpg

Thanks for checking out and until next time, happy modelling!

Rob, I think your lying to us and this isnt 1/72 scale. WOW!!!!!! Great scratchin your doing, looks like this is detail your adding to a 1/32 or larger scale. Your scratchbuilt NG I would have to say is one of the best I have ever seen. Cant wait to see more!

Hello Rob,

the level of detailing is amazing on the landing gear.

When you finish, it will be a showstopper.

Is there any chance to see your other models somewhere on the net?

If it is like so please drop me a link.

Regards,Laz

Thank you very much guys! Your compliments are a great source of motivation in such a long term project in which time to work on it is unfortunately a bit limited and therefore the progress is slow.

This is my first built, which I documented with pictures, so there are no pictures of previous models of mine on the net.

I also decided to start a "in progress thread" because I anticipated that it could be a project that took a while (ok, not that long but anyway). In the past I struggled sometimes to keep the focus in such long term builds. But thanks to your interest guys, i can't let you down anymore and will for sure go this road until the end. Thanks again and stay patience.

Regards, Rob

• 4 months later...

Dear friends of scale modelling,

it's been a while since my last update but I'm back today. This time it's about the painted front landing gear and some detail work around the cockpit.

Etendard54_zpslef2ocsf.jpg

Etendard56_zpsgalqjk5y.jpg

aa33b90f-d60f-4148-9843-3c3f92fbe2b3_zpsrmfu7uxq.jpg

Etendard58_zpsz12fons0.jpg

Etendard59_zpsv2cogmci.jpg

Etendard60_zpsqhq9cz0g.jpg

Etendard62_zpswqpxwebq.jpg

Etendard61_zps1lhlwbbk.jpg

The next time it will be all about the canopy. I think it will not take that much time. (And my next project has to be one with more aires stuff and less scratch building! :wacko:/> )

Thanks for stopping by

Rob

• 1 month later...

Thank you Aigore, I'm glad you like it. Thank you Tripio, nice to see you're still on board.

Hi folks

I worked on the canopy and the lower fuselage recently and can show you some progress concerning the air brakes. I used the photo etched parts from Extratech. They come closer to the real ones than the air brakes from Eduard. The disadvantage is, they are made for the Heller Kit. Therefore I had to construct new bays for it.

Etendard63_zpsaqj0l0dn.jpg

The tricky part was the radius in the front of the bay. I engraved it using a scribing template. Then fit in the thinnest Evergreen plastic sheet.

Etendard64_zpsf1bpjr3a.jpg

The dry fitting was satisfying. Afterwards the gaps where filled with a mixture of Zap-A-Gap and Dental Acrylic. And I can confirm, everything that Mr. Budzik

about this combination is true. Absolutely brilliant mixture.

Etendard65_zpsdl8bxauj.jpg

Etendard66_zpsn9ec7e2o.jpg

In the near future i will move my workbench closer to where I live. In the past I was just able to progress my Etendard built during weekends and Holidays. And I might try to produce my own photo etched parts to complete this part. On Britmodeller is a very nice instruction on how to do it. But until then, there is a long road to go.

Etendard67_zpsodyiq0y6.jpg

Until next time, happy modeling!

Rob

Edited by 72scaler