• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I follow your building and really amazed by the details of your work, the execellent looks of the built parts of the aircraft. I hope it is not too late but I have found my walkaround pics about the SEM when they visited us some years ago. I would like to share some of them to help your building.... If you need some moer pics about specific area let me know by a private mail and I look up my PC......

Here some of them:

DSCN7964.jpg

DSCN7912.jpg

DSCN7911.jpg

DSCN7829.jpg

DSCN7826.jpg

DSCN7816.jpg

DSCN7808.jpg

Regards Polo

Thank you guys and thank you for those cool pictures Polo!

Of course it's not too late, there is still very much work to do. (It's a longterm project :wacko: ) Unfortunately I have not much time to progress at the moment but if I need help with reference pictures in the future I will contact you.

The next thing I work on are the wheel bays and still the canopy.

Thank you in advance for your help, I appreciate it very much. Super Etendard walkaround pictures are not that easy to find.

Best regards

Rob

:woot.gif: Aaawww-some! Thanks a lot for those pics Polo! I Can't wait to get back to work!

Hi Damian, I'm glad you like my long term Super Etendard project. In fact the link you suggested had been an indispensable source of information and will continue to be so.

But Thank you anyway, I really appreciate hints like that! :thumbsup:

Not at all! Just let me know the next area you wanna work on and look up my photo library....;) I follow your build and marked as an reference for the future because I also have an Academy SEM in my stash.... but i haven made my decision which country's colour will it be presented...(may be in Iraq or French...)

Regards Polo

• 8 months later...

Hi Laz,

nice to hear from you. Unfortunately I was very busy recently and was not able to continue the SEM project for almost half a year. In the meantime I also moved my workbench to a new place.

Last month however I was able to make some progress. Hopefully I can show it to you at the end of the weekend. I really have to try to finish this one at the end of summer!

regards Rob

Sweet piccies, Polo! :worship:/>

Is that grime on the cannon groove or is it some stuff smeared on purpose in there...?

Cheers,

Unc² (aka Onkel Dunkelgrau)

Hello Uncle Uncool!

I really not a big expert of the SEM but as far as I thnik that is a anti-corrosion material, or just a simple grease. The SEM often flies in nautical environment and the salty moist very corrosive!

I must say that is just my oppinion... I realy intersted in the real reason....

Regards magyaralba

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys

I'm here today with a small update. I did some work on both of the fuselage parts of the aircraft. On the upper half I reworked the vents. First I cut out a part of the humpback. Afterwards the gap was filled with the part on the last picture of the last update, with a 0.25 mm Evergreene sheet on top of it. The slots were previously milled with a 0.2 mm mill. Additionally the SEM gets its windscreen.

Etendard68_zpsybbesboh.jpg

Etendard69_zpsu3w84drp.jpg

On the underside of the fuselage I scratchbuilt the rear wheel bays, rescribed some panellines and mill-cut a rectangular bay for the tailhook.

Etendard71_zpsdoxxvq0u.jpg

Etendard72_zps5fju6adq.jpg

best regards Rob

Edited by 72scaler

Looks good.

Not much left from the original air vents/scoops.

:coolio:

Upper wing halves will not cause any collision with your wheel bays?

Waiting for the next update... :jaw-dropping:

Regards,Laz

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Friends

thank you all very much for those kind words!

@ Laz, maybe I have to remove a little bit of the wheelbay-construction at the back close to the fuselage but even if necessary it's not a big deal.

@ Polo, thank you very much for your offer to support my built with helpful detail pictures. The SEM is not an aircraft which is exposed like the Hornet or the Eagle. Therefore your pictures can realy make a difference. Next on the to do list are the speedbrakes, I really have to finish them now. The tailhook need some worke too. In general, I want to finish the underside fuselage and add some more details there. All pictures of that particular area could be very helpful. And thanks again for those pictures you have already posted.

I hope I can uplod my next update before the end of the month.

Best regards Rob